Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Style 9670
My Carrier: Sprint

Uncaught Exception net_rim_bb_vvm (422)

I've been getting the message once a day on my phone: 

"Uncaught exception application net_rim_bb_vvm (422) is not responding: process terminated."

I think it has something to do with visual voice mail, but not sure exactly.  Does anyone have an idea?  And what can I do about it?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Uncaught Exception net_rim_bb_vvm (422)

Hi JeanK,

Try backing up your device via the BlackBerry Desktop Software and performing a clean reload of your device software. http://bbry.lv/bpv7DT

Make sure to test to make sure the error message doesn't return before restoring any data from your backup file.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: 8300 world edition
My Carrier: bell

known issue at RIM - http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB28774

no update as of 10-26-11 and this is the second Bold 9900 that we have had that this is a problem on.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Tmobile

[ Edited ]

I am pretty sure I found a work around for this. If anyone would like to try it please do and let us know what you get cause it is working for me. I just bought this phone 7days ago and since day one I have had this same error. I get it anytime I make or receive a call and I discovered I wasn't getting a single Vvm until I did a battery pull.

What I did was to uncheck the option to show Vvm's in message list.

1. go to menu, choose visual voice mail icon.

2. press menu key, choose Options.

3. uncheck "Show Voice Mails in Message List".

4. Press back button, choose save.

5. Pull battery out and then re-insert and let reboot.

As I said I haven't had an issue in the last 2 or 3 days and I haven't had to reboot.

Please try this so we can help Rim get this thing fixed. If anyone knows how to tell them about this info please do or let me know how and I will.

Thanks.

My Device: 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

dude I signed up just to say thanks! this did the trick.. thanks man.. RIM please fix this in future update.
New Contributor

I'm really glad to hear and see that it is working. I hope this helps RIM to narrow down the code and send out a patch, soon I hope. Enjoy the phone I know I love it, I've installed Angry Pigs and all my stuff from my previous BB and couldn't be happier now. Happy Holidays!

New Contributor

Update I have had the error return several times in the last few days. Goes away after batt pull then comes back hours and sometimes minutes later. When called Tmobile Pda Support they try to tell me that BB Vvm is a 3rd party software and that the only fix is to turn of visual voice mail. This is absolutely unexceptable and Tmobile and anyother carrier who sells this lemon should be sued for trying to make us hold out rather than swap phones. I am not paying all $600 for this phone they already ripped me off for $350 and that does it for my 8 yr loyalty. At&t here I come. Whats up blackberry you really gonna make all us die hard BB fans wait and have to go out and buy another type of phone? This is completely ridiculous !

My Device: Bold

My new blackberry bold kept showing this message each time I would place or end a call. I went to the TMobile store. They told me it was related to a "visual voicemail" feature. They went to their computer and removed something from my account. The same night, I removed the battery and restarted 20 seconds later, the problem had disappeared.

Visitor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900

Yeah I was having the same issue but I deactivated the visual voicemail and did a battery pull and it stopped doing it. And BlackBerry I'm very disappointed I spend 400$ and my phone came with no SD card and whack **bleep** BlackBerry USB wire... All bad but I love my Bold : D
My Device: Blackberry 9900

I tried the work around (unchecked "Show Voice Mails in Message List") and it worked fine for a few days then it returned.  My error numbers change each time but all are related to visual voice mail.  I finally deactivated the service and have had no further problems.  Hope RIM fixes this soon.