Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Uncaught Exception objectgroupreadonlyexception

The user hasn't had any issues so far since I deleted and reloaded him on the BES and reloaded the OS on his BB (without backing up and restoring). Definitely could be something in the call log since that was what RIM wanted to eliminate from the picture and not have it follow him back down from the BES. Not ready to close the ticket yet though -- still watching and waiting.

New Contributor

I have been getting pretty much the exact same symptoms on my brand new 8900 running the latest OS v4.6.1.114 (Platform 4.2.0.76), i.e. exception on pressing the green button.  It does not happen every time I press the green call button, and I am not sure what scenario leads to it but when the exception does happen, it is because I just pressed the green call button.  It happens several times a week.  The last thing I need when I am about to make or receive an important call is to reboot and wait for 4-5 minutes.  Calls on my personal business mobile phone tend to be important to me.

Battery removal and reboot is not an acceptable solution, even as a temporary work around.

I will try the bluetooth settings solution, even though I do not use bluetooth.  If this works, I would not consider this as "solved", but as a temporary work around.  I hope RIM definitley addresses this bug very soon.  I really enjoy my 8900 other than this problem.

Mike Salim

www.localweb.com

New Contributor

Jabberwock (et al),

I removed the photos from all contacts in my BlackBerry (and in Outlook - I have Exchange and BES) - and since then I have not had a single lock up (nearly 4 months since my original post to this forum).

It is fair to say that I have had a new handset some 4 weeks ago, due to an unrelated fault, and have kept the OS up-to-date with the latest version, but I don't think that is related as the problem was regular (almost daily) until I removed all photos from contacts.

Can you confirm whether any of your contacts have photos? And if so, do they happen to be in the Call Log when you experience a lockup?

Regards

Chris

New Contributor

Chriskeeble & cmarquis,

I do not have a single contact with a photo. I also changed my bluetooth settings as per the post by cmarquis.  Things looked great for a few days, then I got two exceptions in a row on two days.  So I would conjecture:

a) the problem is not related to photos in contacts

b) the problem is not related to bluetooth settings.

I really hope Rim addresses this issue soon, it is getting old.

MIke

I wonder if this is corruption in the call log? I got this after trying to add a called number to my contacts, just adding the first and surname. Got the error right away and as I replaced the battery, as soon as I went in to the call log. Restoring all databases from a backup on my laptop seemed to fix it....so far!
Highlighted
My Device: CURVE
My Carrier: vodaphone

Hello everyone,

I have had same error several times, first i was worried, but it turns  into an estate close to angry.

First I could remove the messages by extracting the battery, but it doesn't work, as you wrote the problem shows again.

What works really for a long time, but not ever after, is deleting log calls with blackberry desktop software by connecting bb to a laptop or similar.

Guys you really need to delete log calls.

Have a nice time with your BB if you can.

Santi