Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Uncaught Exception

Everytime I try to use my internet browser the message appears "uncaught exception: invisible node cannot be made current" and won't go away.  How do I correct the problem?  Any help would be appreciated.

Developer

Re: Uncaught Exception

Make a battery pull and try it again. That might fix the problem.
If your question was answered, please accept it as a sollution and / or give Kudos ;-)

I did back up then a restore from BB Desktop Manager and seemed to take care of that problem, but I did lose most of the bookmarks I had stored.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: 8310

Generally that is a bookmark error. Here is how to fix that.

Using the desktop software.

Go into Backup/restore
Make a backup.
select Advanced
Select the bookmarks database and clear it.

Let me know if that works or if you have any questions.

I was not able to select the bookmark database from the Advanced list to clear it as it was "grayed out". Does this represent another problem. (8830 TMbl)

A backup and restore did not resolve this problem.

Regular Contributor
My Device: 8310

Do you have an older backup you can restore to? If not I will try a couple things on my end to find a fix for you or hopefully someone that has experienced this will post.

No available backup, unfortunately... my device is BES and I noticed on the Desktop Advanced screen the files were "grayed out" and could not be cleared because they are "wirelessly synchronized"... I wonder if I need to go to the BES admin to make this happen?

Had the same problem. The BB is connected to a BES so the option of clearing the bookmarks was greyed out. Since all the data was stored on remote servers, I just wiped the handheld through the security options (Options/Secutity Options/General Settings/Services: Wipe Handheld) and reactivated the device on the BES. Worked perfectly and all data/bookmarks were retained.

I have a BB Curve 8320 and restoring to a previous back up worked for me.  Thankfully, I had backed up right before I got this error and didn't lose much.  Thank you for your advice.

Go into your Tzones browser, change the Browser to Internet Browser, then change your Start Page to Home Page. If this fails, then do a battery pull to reboot and delete all the service books from the BlackBerry. Once deleted, do a Register Now.