Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8350i
My Carrier: Mike Telus

Re: Uncaught exception: Index 10>=10

shravankumarn wrote:

tazenui wrote:
Try repairing your device's memory.See if that works.
Options>Memory>Menu Key>Repair>Device memory>Yes....wait a minute or two.Then do a battery pull

buddy no change ... same message after performing the proceedure.... I am worried, if thats the cause for my battery drain.... These dayz I am loosing my battery in 9 hours.... which wasn't the case earlier.... 

Unfortunately I was not able to follow the instructions. Maybe because my phone is different (Curve 8350i)

Anyways,

tazenui wrote:

Sometimes it helps to upgrade your OS ...from say (a)4.2.0.442 to say (b)5.0.0.1015. I was getting tons of uncaught applications on my 9550.I upgraded from (a) to (b) and the problem is gone.Along with battery issues.Can you try that?Your carrier must have OS upgrades for your device on their website.Good luck!

I have even tried your method with my 8350i but it still doesn’t work. After all the upgrades it seems like RIM needs to figure out what part of the software is incorrect as this happens when I have not installed anything on it either!

Tomorrow morning I will be putting my Crackberry on my scanner and have it on that screen, take that scanned softcopy and wI will be distrubiting it to my Carieer and RIM, I urge you to do the same otherwise they're going to say $50 VIA CREDIT or no help!

Contributor
My Device: Strom -2 - 9520
My Carrier: SK telecom

Dude, just keep patience... even I had this problem for long time.. (I sitll have infact)... but try "restore to factory settings"... it will solve the problem... http://bbry.lv/a0QXmX

upgrading software probably not suitable in all the cases... its actually a virus that screw our life.... now I am able to sustain my battery life for abt 1.5 days.... with this problem it will last only for 8-9 hours...
- Just do it ... !
New Contributor

shravankumarn wrote:
Dude, just keep patience... even I had this problem for long time.. (I sitll have infact)... but try "restore to factory settings"... it will solve the problem... http://bbry.lv/a0QXmX

upgrading software probably not suitable in all the cases... its actually a virus that screw our life.... now I am able to sustain my battery life for abt 1.5 days.... with this problem it will last only for 8-9 hours...

Actually the link that you provided does not work! Unless if that site is typed in by my Blackberry and not on my Laptop?

Contributor

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB18998

just give a try here... the same link...
- Just do it ... !
New Contributor

I actually just pulled it up, however, it's a waste of time if you have to set your Blackberry back to the Default Settings... I could live without it, but it's a very good tool anyways.

Thank you~
My Device: 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

I get the same exact error message as you. Hope there's a solution out there.
Highlighted
New Contributor

rono1rono wrote:
I get the same exact error message as you. Hope there's a solution out there.

To be honest, I had my phone fixed last night after I came home from my meeting. However, up to this point, the error essage did not come back on screen!

*****NOTE: There was a site which I will find on Blackberry.com and it indicates to use ONLY your Mobile Carrier. With mine, I had to go to the Telus' website via the blackberry site: Access Your Service Provider's Download Site (Canadian Only) and it wil guide you through the rest of the troubleshooting.

There is a second method in regards to this troubleshoot: Update Device Software Online This method will allow you to plug your Blackberry to your PC and from there, it will automatcially serch for the information to upgrade.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE HANDHELD APPLICATION LOADER INSTALLED ON YOUR PC

Hopefully this will help! It only seems like it over rights a fram or a file on the OS itself.

Regards,

Kevin

Contributor

Good to hear you.... I guess, you finally made it...
and thanks for posting the procedure.... I get this message even after upgrading the OS, so I had to restore to factory settings and then upgraded my OS...

This happens because of sync engines... I use more than 3 sync applications...thus trap in such mess.... better don't sync in a loop... Gmail to Mac to BB - thus over-rights happen ...and error pops up...
- Just do it ... !
New Contributor

Hey guys, guess what?? I do have some other news....

I have just found this error message and hoping it was a ONE TIME DEAL, but it seems like this is an ongoing issue.

The second error message that I have on my screen states: Uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_phone_app(51) is not responding; process terminated.

I'm not sure if anyone else is getting this message and honestly, Blackberry really needs to get their GAME ON in regards to these messages...

It's not only on a 8350i but when i walk into my carrier's support stores, they even indicated the same problem is poping up on their phones.. the range is from a Curve, Bold, Storm, etc...