Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Uncaught exception error

My BB has been acting odd since yesterday when I attempted to email several photos. It seems slow, sluggish, but checked memory and it seems fine. Now I am getting "Uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_browser_daemon(67) is not responding; process terminated"

Any suggestions on how to deal with this problem?

Kyla

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Uncaught exception error

Can you try resetting the device by removing the battery for 1 minute then putting it back in?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Developer
My Device: 9000

kyla wrote:

My BB has been acting odd since yesterday when I attempted to email several photos. It seems slow, sluggish, but checked memory and it seems fine. Now I am getting "Uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_browser_daemon(67) is not responding; process terminated"

Any suggestions on how to deal with this problem?

Kyla

Hi Kyla;

Did you try a battery pull and reboot the device? I would start with this first...

Let us know how your doing...

H.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If successful in helping you, please give me kudos in my post.
Please mark the post that solved it for you!
Thank you!
Best Regards

hmeister
New Contributor

Thank you for the quick reply! I have pulled the battery, then tried to access my address book. Now it has been stuck on the address book icon for about 40 minutes. It really acts as if it is a memory problem, but it seems the memory is fine.
Developer
My Device: 9000

[ Edited ]

kyla wrote:
Thank you for the quick reply! I have pulled the battery, then tried to access my address book. Now it has been stuck on the address book icon for about 40 minutes. It really acts as if it is a memory problem, but it seems the memory is fine.

Hi Kyla;

What kind of Blackberry do you have? Pearl, 8310, 8700??

If you have a Blackberry with a camera and no media card, taking pictures will reduce your memory on the device as your storing the pictures in your available phone memory and not on a MicroSD memory card.

Message Edited by hmeister on 09-29-2008 12:43 PM

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If successful in helping you, please give me kudos in my post.
Please mark the post that solved it for you!
Thank you!
Best Regards

hmeister
Elite I

You can check the free memory by going to Options | Status and look at the File Free number. Since you just reset the device it should be higher than it was before the battery pull. Also check the following link for ways to free up additional memory on your device: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB14320.

One other thing to keep in mind is to use an applications Close/Exit menu command to close it instead or using the Escape key or Hang up button. Using the latter will still keep the application running in the background.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
New Contributor

hmeister

I have a BB 8330 Curve. It only has the 1gb scan card that came with the phone.

New Contributor

jmrmb80,

checking memory: here are the memory numbers

file free: 42789564

file total: 83623936

Just wondering, is there a way to reset the phone. I know it is a pain, but I don't have much on my phone right now besides contacts.

Elite I

[ Edited ]
Sure. That's called wiping the device. You can go into Options | Security Options | General Settings, hit the menu button, and choose Wipe Handheld. Just note doing this will erase all your data from the device. So before doing that though you can backup all of your data by using the Backup and Restore feature in the Desktop Manager if you want to keep any of your data. Afterwards you can use Backup and Restore to restore you data back onto the device
Message Edited by jmrmb80 on 09-29-2008 01:09 PM
New Contributor

Hmmm.... odd, very odd indeed.....

I decided to leave the battery out of my BB while I took a couple of calls, (about 20 minutes) put the battery back to reset phone, now it works fine!! Okay, I guess this will not be the last time I visit this forum.

Thank you all so very much for the quick and friendly help! What a great group.

Kyla