Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650
My Carrier: U.S. Cellular

Uncaught exception in app. world when refreshing app. list

[ Edited ]

U.S. Celluar

Personal Use

BlackBerry® 9650
smartphone (3G, CDMA, Wi-Fi)
v5.0.0.983 (Bundle 1631, Platform 4.2.0.433)
3G Bands 1
Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.5.85
Branding Version: 1.0.189.367w
Micro Edition Configuration: CLDC-1.1
Micro Edition Profile: MIDP-2.1
Micro Edition JTWI Version: 1.0
Micro Edition Media Version: 1.1
Micro Edition PIM Version: 1.0
Micro Edition File Version: 1.0
Micro Edition Bluetooth Version: 1.1
Micro Edition Location Version: 1.0.1
WLAN Version: 3.0.1.11004

I go to Blackberry App. World and I refresh the app. list and it says "Uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_appworld(256) is not responding; process terminated"

What happened was I was going to reinstall from Magmic. It was downloading it, I paused, then canceled the download. Ever since then I've been getting the error I mentioned above. I deleted all of the files from my phone that have "ka-glom" in the name.

When I search for Ka-Glom the only options it gives me is Reviews, Recommend, Screenshots, Contact Support. There is no option to install for some reason.... it's Ka-Glom 1.7.0.1     1.2MB

Where did the install button go? I think maybe me pausing then cancelling the reinstall somehow affected something. How do I fix it so I can reinstall it?

Ka-Glom doesn't show up under the uninstalled apps. list like it used to, and it's not installed either, it doesn't even show up under the unavailable list. So I tried searching for it so I could reinstall it... but that button isn't available.

I already tried taking the battery out and putting it back in.. didn't help. 323.5MB space free out of 512MB.

Please help, thank you!

Contributor

Re: Uncaught exception in when refreshing app. list

Still no responses, someone have any ideas? Thank you.

Contributor

Just wondering.. is anyone going to respond, or do I need to make a new topic? I'm just simply wanting help.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Please keep in mind this is a peer to peer support forum.  While RIM does monitor the forums they do not generally participate in the forums. 

Try this:

Remove AppWorld.  Then remove any suspect apps from Options >Applications. 

Then use Desktop Manager to make a full backup of your device data. 

After you've made a backup unplug the device from the computer.  Go to Options >Security Options >General Settings.  Hit the menu key and select Security Wipe.  Your menus may differ and there may be a separate "Security Wipe" in the menu.  Do the security wipe.  Include Email and contacts, etc. and 3rd party apps if  desired. 

Then see if the problem persists.  Then restore your backup file and see if the problem persists after that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Highlighted
My Device: 9780 bold
My Carrier: airtel

Re: Uncaught exception in app. world when refreshing app. list

Hi dear I'm also suffiring with but still not working