Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: ROBI

Uncaught exception:java.lang.NullPOinterException

- Suddenly message "Uncaught exception:java.lang.NullPOinterException"  appear in the screen after re-insert the SIM. And giving only option to select "OK".

- After clicking OK, gave me option to edit time and date. After doing that I discovered that there was an SMS folder that is disappears from application list.

- Pressing menu key, i opened the message folder I found that is also SMS inbox and out box are available. I can open the Inbox but when i try to open outbox getting same message as above.

- Now, I get message received notification at main screen but i can't see or find the message where it is.

- I can compose message and can send but can not see delivery status. Always it remains as draft mode. But recipient confirm me that they receive my message.

- Now, there is no call log status available except missed call.

I am very worried and puzzled. Please............................................

Zahid zuberi

Project Manager

Solutions: 6,361
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Uncaught exception:java.lang.NullPOinterException

Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner:

With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescirbed for most gltiches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

Now, after reboot, try your actions again and see if you receive any of the null pointer exception errors, and if the SMS folder has returned.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: ROBI

Hello Moderator,

First of all many many thanks for your prompt support. Honestly speaking, I did that already.

First it was only SMS folder missing, after doing that I can not see call log except missed call log.

I do not have any problem with Data. I am not worried about that. It will be nice if i have get back my BB in previous condition.

Thanks and Regards

My Device: 9000

when i restart my black berry 9000 i get the subject notification, i have trouble with my call log-it shows only the incoming and outgoing -it does not who the unanswered calls, i tried to check the options but it is marked ok