Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BB Pearl 8220
My Carrier: BMOBILE

Re: Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException

Ok. I will take your advice. Will advise on how that works out.

New Contributor

Just to advise that I was unsuccessful. I am experiencing the same problem. New phone?

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

are you the first owner of that device? did you ever upgraded the OS on that phone?

My Device: curve 8330
My Carrier: nothing

hi im havin the same problem i cant view my sms text messages tho and a can recieve them

My Device: curve 8330
My Carrier: nothing

my first generation blackberry curve with the trackball is not letting me recieve any sms txt messages  it pops up a uncaught exception: java.lang.nullpointer exception plz help i sent myself a message and i can view the sms outbox and it says it got delivered but i cant view the sms inbox and when i try it says that pop up

New Contributor

I restore my phone to a specific backup date and the error message is gone. I can now get into my app world, but I need a password reset. When I do the reset its saying it sent to my bb account but I can't get to it. I read that its a security feature that the email reset will not be sent to the device. How then can I get to the email other than the device.

My Device: Curve 93**
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Tanzim,

I dont have a Backup AND Restore option. I have individual backup and restore options. As such, I am not seeing the advanced option. Can you assist?

Thanks,
Shaun
Visitor
My Device: blackberry curve 9300
My Carrier: U.S. listed

HELP!

My trackpad is not working cause of that. I tried restarting it but my trackpad's still paralyzed. It's been a month.

My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: O2

Someone sent me a text with a close bracket symbol and a smiley face which caused this problem. I had to go via contacts to get to the message. Once I deleted the text everything worked fine
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: t-mobile

Hey can anyone help?

My blackberry was fine this morning but then i had trouble deleting photos telling my it couldnt and wouldnt play my music, so i rebooted my phone then it kept freezing so i kept reeboting it, then it never froze after a few times then when i was unlocking my phone it  "Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException" i pressed okay but then it froze?

i have backed up and restored it on the black desktop software but it still says  the same thing when i reboot my phone?