04-03-2009 07:16 AM
04-03-2009 02:10 PM
The DSSMA uncaught exception refers to a particular corruption within the messaging application of your phone - if you remove the batt and re-insert that may be a temporary fix, however in most instances, you will need to reload the device software or master wipe device -
Master wipe - Options, security options, general settings, press menu key, select Wipe Handheld...(you may want to salvage your data thru desktop mgr. before wiping)
OS download, for 8830's on VZW, the site is: https://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry
Hope that gets you in the right direction
04-08-2009 04:31 AM
Wiping of your device will not require you to install OS. However, if performing as millju4 mentioned doesn't solve the issue then follow the below steps for OS reinstalling/upgrade.
Use JL_cmder to wipe your device OS. Click this link for details.
Check steps below for OS upgrade by installing device OS in the PC -
Before starting make sure that BlackBerry Desktop Software is installed on the Computer.
Make sure that you have installed updated device software installed in your PC. Check this link to get update device software from carrier OS download site.
Users can perform a full or selective backup of the data using the Backup and Restore tool in BlackBerry Desktop Manager by completing the following steps:
1. Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer running BlackBerry Desktop Manager
2. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager
3. Double-click Backup & Restore
4. Select Backup to perform a full backup or select Advanced to perform a backup of specific databases
5. Choose a location to save the backup file, then click Save
To perform a clean install of the BlackBerry Device Software, perform the following steps:
1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer and open BlackBerry Desktop Manager
2. Double-click the Application Loader icon
3. Click Next to start the installation process
4. Type your BlackBerry smartphone password, if prompted, and click OK
5. Click the check boxes next to the names of the applications you want to load, and then click Next
6. Click Advanced, and then click the check box beside Erase all currently installed applications.
7. Click Next.
8. Click the check box next to Do not automatically backup the application data during the loading process
9. Clear the box next to Backup and restore applications installed wirelessly
10. Click Next -> Finish
11. When the process has completed, the message The loading operation was successful will appear
12. Click Close to return to BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
If your query is resolved then please click on “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit
06-09-2009 11:04 AM
06-09-2009 11:49 AM
If you run the Memory Swipe, does it delete all of your apps like Bberry messenger, Gtalk, Gmail, AIM, etc?? Would it just be easier in the long run to re-install the latest OS through the desktop software? I too am getting this Uncaught exception error, except mine has a "2" after the "(5)"
Memory Swipe? Who's memory do you wish to swipe? (JK!)
Here's a KB that describes what happens during a device Wipe:
06-09-2009 11:57 AM
06-09-2009 12:17 PM
06-09-2009 12:20 PM
06-09-2009 12:48 PM