Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Understanding vendors on blackberry

[ Edited ]

haramo wrote:

If I understood correctly: If the software says: multilanguage, then Dutch is included. but accordin to KB05305:
There is no guarantee that languages in the preceding lists will be available with the BlackBerry Device Software specific to your wireless service provider.

strange?

Rhetorical?

haramo wrote:

Can I choose AZERTY and not only QWERTY?

Typically covered in your device/OS users manual...here's one, not necessarily for your specific device/OS.

haramo wrote:

Can I assume if I have an OS that supports multilanguage, all these option are also included in the OS AND are in Dutch?

Yes...if the relevant KB says your desired language(s) is/are in an OS package that includes "Multilanguage" in the description, then the languages listed should be included therein. As you install, you must carefully review all of the selected items it presents you to install, including opening up all collapsed sections, and be sure to install everything that has anything to do with your desired language(s).

haramo wrote:
Why is my wireless service provider  so important for the language?

The carrier is irrelevant. All of the carriers receive the same OS packages from BB, which already includes the languages as per the relevant KB. The carriers are not supposed to strip anything out of the OS package...rather, they each tend to wrap the OS package with things specific to them (e.g., "teaser" icons for apps that the carrier wants to push to their users).

I suspect the KB is written to give a little bit of "wiggle room" in case some unscrupulous carrier elects to actually alter the core OS. In only very rare occasions have I seen anything different between an exact (all 4 octets) OS package released from different carriers...and I suspect those times were a file corruption issue rather than intentional alterations.

haramo wrote:
I mean If I'm home and connected to my house network, then if I'm at work and connected to wifi there, or hotspots, ... do I have to check wheter or not alles these network support Dutch language? 

At that level of the communications ("the network"), there's not actually any human language involved. Everything is just bits and bytes, which are the same everywhere, and get interpreted to a local language by the end using device. So there is technically no human language support of those networks...because human language isn't being used by them (though the network devices may have a human interface, which also is then an end device, which is doing the interpretation between the machine language and human language).

I think you are making this much more complicated than it actually is (don't worry, I do that all the time...and many will attest to that fact!). If that is in an effort to learn and understand, then that's fine. But if that over complication is preventing you from completing your desired task, then you might want to simplify your thinking on this a bit. I'm happy to continue either way, but want you to keep sight of your true goal here and not get frustrated due to the pace.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: Base

OK, I do want to understand how blackberry works. But I'm happy the BB has Dutch language now.

So , to close this thread (so I can better start a new one :-)  )  :

As the title of this thread is defined, I think I understand now the vendors.

They all have the same OS received from BB.

But they can add particular things to it.

if the 4 OCTETS are the same, then there is no difference.

The multilanguase has several languages , but are not installed at the first time. Loader.exe has to be started to select the language prefered. 

The BB can only connect to the BB software desktop is the driver is installed correctly. So folowing the steps as mentioned, is crucial. Added folowing step: closing the BB software desktop and then manually upgrade the driver in device manager (windows), made the driver installed succesfully.

One little question about the 4 octets:

for example two OSes:

Vodafone Germany:

There's a 5.0.0.1113 available from Vodafone Germany. Release date 28 May 2013.

Package Version: 5.0.0.1849
Consisting of:
Applications: 5.0.0.1113
Software Platform: 5.2.0.115
File name: 8520wifiAllLang_PBr5.0.0_rel1849_PL5.2.0.115_A5.0. 0.1113.exe.download
File size: 161.7MB

Proximus Belgium:

Software For BlackBerry® Curve™ 8520 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.1682 (Multilanguage) 

Package Version: 5.0.0.1682
Consisting of:
Applications: 5.0.0.1036
Software Platform: 5.2.0.104
File name: 8520wifiM_PBr5.0.0_rel1682_PL5.2.0.104_A5.0.0.1036_Proximus.exe
File size: 129.39MB
Download Details
Software Name: BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.1682 (Multilanguage)
File Name: 8520wifiM_PBr5.0.0_rel1682_PL5.2.0.104_A5.0.0.1036_Proximus.exe
Download Size: 129 MB
Language: English
Published Date: 12/20/2010

I'm not sure if the german OS has Dutch included, but I think I saw somewhere ' all languages'....

anyway, because the number is different, does this mean that BB has given germany vodafone a newer OS? Or is this juist those minor things that were added by vodafone Germany , which are not important for me? Maybe I will give it a try and install it, see what it gives.

My BB does give errors if I open 'option phone': BB doesn't respond anymore , only if I press the shutdown button. 

uncaught exception: application net_rim_bb_options_app(200) is not responding; process terminated.
Maybe this error wil go away if I insert a SIM card?

finally, it's the first time I work with a blackbery. I will start a new thread why people should choose for blackberry, knowing that installation of an emailaccount needs extra paid service that is also unique (blackberry data service from my provider). 

But I hope that BB stopped this method and uses the same method as other phones like apple, android: WIFI is enough to install emailaccount!

Thank to sdgardne for his explanation and his patience :-).

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

haramo wrote:

anyway, because the number is different, does this mean that BB has given germany vodafone a newer OS? Or is this juist those minor things that were added by vodafone Germany , which are not important for me?

All the carriers receive, from BB, all at the same time, all OS packages that BB releases. But, what each carrier does with those packages is a decision that they alone make. Some carriers quickly re-release all that they receive from BB. Other carriers are slower to approve, and don't release for a while. Still others refuse some OS packages (for reasons only they can know). Yet still others skip over one package or another -- perhaps when several come out quickly following each other, they might choose to skip the first in favor of the later releases.And I'm sure there are other possible scenarios in that process.

But, it's up to them (the carriers)....what they receive from BB is identical and all at the same time...what they do with what they receive is a decision and process over which only they have control.

haramo wrote:

My BB does give errors if I open 'option phone': BB doesn't respond anymore , only if I press the shutdown button. 

uncaught exception: application net_rim_bb_options_app(200) is not responding; process terminated.
Maybe this error wil go away if I insert a SIM card?

Maybe...certainly worth a try before trying anything more drastic.

haramo wrote:

finally, it's the first time I work with a blackbery. I will start a new thread why people should choose for blackberry, knowing that installation of an emailaccount needs extra paid service that is also unique (blackberry data service from my provider). 

But I hope that BB stopped this method and uses the same method as other phones like apple, android: WIFI is enough to install emailaccount!

Indeed they have. But only for newer BB10 devices. Legacy BB devices simply don't have a full email client on board, and require the BIS Service to function. BB10 devices have a full email client on board, and therefore only require a normal data plan.[

But, the cost for the legacy BIS plan is a carrier choice, not a BB choice. There are some carriers in the world that do not charge extra for BIS, while others do charge extra. Each carrier sets their own pricing plans...but the requirement for BIS on a legacy device is not, IMHO, ever going to go away...the device itself simply was not built with that intent.

haramo wrote:

Thank to sdgardne for his explanation and his patience :-).

You are most welcome. Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................