Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9900 V 4.0.21(b2.1)
My Carrier: Singtel

Undo Delete Apps - Not Working ! (I've lost my Calendar Entries, How To Recover The Lost Data)

Hi,

Just purchased the Undo Delete apps and successfully installed on my Blackberry 9900, V.4.0.21,

Yesterday I tried to backup only my Calendar entries with the Device Manager, 1/4 thru the synchronization, I quickly terminated the process cos I realized I've chosen a wrong option to backup, and it says something like "past calendar entries will be deleted and future date entries will be synchronized etc........"

Immediately when I stopped the process, I checked back my phone calendar and the past entries in my phone calendar were gone, check the Device Manager hoping 1/4 of the data has been backup but unfortunately inside no data, important entries backdated from 1 June to 13 Nov 2012 are very crucial to me.

Thus I've no choice but to purchase this "Undo Delete To Restore" apps thinking I could recover the lost data.

I installed successfully on my phone but nothing happened, so I clicked on settings and choose the correct option and save it, then I clicked on Calendar but saw No Item at all. (wonder am I doing the correct setting)

Can someone pls help me to recover the lost calendar entries cos some data are very important to me, now it looks like the apps "Undo Delete" is either not working or totally cannot retrieve my lost data.

Pls help, I'm desperate to recover back my data, pls help me !

Rgds

Rob

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Undo Delete Apps - Not Working ! (I've lost my Calendar Entries, How To Recover The Lost Data)

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I don't know that app specifically, but like all such things, it likely depends on its existing on the device BEFORE the deletion occurs (so that it can be keeping a record of deletions, and thereby have a source for restore). BBs don't have any "trash", "recycle", or other bins from which to recover things from. Once something is deleted on the BB, it's gone for good. There may be ways to scan the unallocated memory areas of the BB itself to search for lost data, but that would be something quite high tech and not likely to be a consumer level item available for a mere $1.99.

However, I am also confused by the different terms you used in your post...you said you tried to backup, then you talked about terminating 1/4 of the way through synchronization. Synchronization and backup are two completely different functions within the Desktop Software. What you should have been using, if backup was indeed your desire, was the backup function:

• KB12487 How to back up BlackBerry smartphone data using BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows

If you had, you would have, on your PC, a resulting IPD or BBB data file that could be used as the source of restore. But, from what you describe, I suspect you actually selected the Synchronization function, which could indeed result in what you experienced.

If your lost data does not exist on your PC (in your Organizer app...e.g., Outlook, or in a backup PST from your main data files within), and if you have not been properly and regularly using the above backup procedure, and further if you are not using the free BB Protect app, then you likely have no source of data from which to recover, and have migrated from the latter to the former in this old saying:

• There are two kinds of computing device users -- those who have lost data, and those who will

Proper backup processes, using all of the free tools RIM provides, simply are not optional.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Re: Undo Delete Apps - Not Working ! (I've lost my Calendar Entries, How To Recover The Lost Data)

[ Edited ]

Hi sdgardne,

Thank you so much for taking your time to reply to me, appreciate that.

Ok sorry for the terms that I'm using cos I'm not a techie. My initial intention was to transfer my calendar entries to my computer Outlook (never sync before, Microsoft Outlook totally empty), by doing that I believe I need to use Device Manager to sync if not how can I do the synchronization right ?

What I meant is that I used Device Manager to do a synchronization with my Outlook Calendar, during the sync process(assuming 100 entries were found and now in the process of synchronization) I decided to cancel the action halfway thru cos I realized I've chosen a wrong settings option to synchronize, and it says something like "past calendar entries will be deleted and future entries will be copied etc.......something like that, I'm not exactly sure word for word".

I quickly checked my phone calendar and my past date entries were all missing except the future date entries still intact. Now I checked my Outlook Calendar and its still empty, I'm quite surprise cos I thought during the sync process about 200+ entries were transfered and some data might have actually transferred to Outlook but its still empty.

I really need to retrieve my missing calendar items backdated from 1 June 2012 to 13 Nov 2012, its crucial to me!

I'm just hoping those missing data could still be retrieveable from somewhere in the phone hardisk or phone memory etc.......

Hi sdgardne, I wonder if there is any software in the market or expertise in mobile phone data recovery centre could help user like me to recover back those important lost data ?

Pls help or advise me, thank you very much, appreciate that.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hi again,

OK...so you were doing a synchronization between your BB and Outlook, which indeed yes you must use the RIM Desktop Software to conduct that. And, you interrupted that process, and received some error message (sorry, but it's very challenging to search through thousands of possible error messages to find something that might be close to what you remember). Now, your past data is neither in Outlook nor on the BB itself.

Though you did not say clearly, I can only now assume that you did not ever do a proper backup of the device to your PC (also using the Desktop Software) nor did you have active the free BB Protect app (which would backup your data over the air to a cloud-based environment, and can do so automatically...oh, and free).

Coupled with the fact that your data is not in Outlook nor on your BB, I can only conclude that it is truly gone from any of the known (in my experience, at least) means of recovery. Gone. And you have indeed migrated from the latter to the former of that old saying I quoted above.

I don't know of any recovery services for what you need. The data was actually in a very protected non-user accessible (but for via the apps) memory space on the BB (called "Application Memory"), and that area is used for constant read/write of lots of things, and it's highly likely that at least some of memory areas that may have contained the data you lost have already been overwritten with other things...the only way to prevent that is to remove your battery and leave it out until you find a recovery service (if such even exists). The BB is constantly working, even if you are not actively doing anything, and those memory areas are in continual use for a variety of things.

So, sad to tell you that I really have no advice for you. Given all of these conditions, I honestly think it is highly unlikely that recovery is even possible, even if such a recovery service exists at all. And if they do exist, I can imagine that their prices would be very very high (like, in the hundreds if not thousands of US dollars!).

But, perhaps another user will come along with different advice for you...after all, I'm just another user "out there", and only have access to what I know and what my experience is. By definition, that cannot be 100%.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Hi sdgardne,

Once again thanks for the lengthy reply.

I'm at a lost since yesterday and today, important entries gone, mood gone, don't even have an idea where shall I move on.

Thanks for the help !

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III

I understand your frustrations...all I can do is caution you to, when you do get back up and running (most likely with data lost forever), utilize the various free methods that RIM provides to back up and protect your data. After all, the device itself is a mere commodity...the data on it, that is priceless...and it is incumbent on the end user to take advantage of all of the available (and free) things that RIM provides so as to protect that priceless asset.

Further, the result you experienced can be caused by other things beyond what you did...these are hardware and software designed and built by humans...perfection should never be expected, and planning for recover after any disaster must, like insurance, be done before the disaster strikes. Spontaneous data deletion has happened before, as well as catastrophic failure of the device with no known cause by the human. Things happen, we must protect against such potential eventualities.

Good luck.