Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Universal Dictation App (speech-text, vice versa)

[ Edited ]

I am wondering if there is such a program that not only does "speech to text" (Vlingo) but also a application that does "text to speech"

Now I read and installed "Voice on the Go" but didnt realize I had to dial a phone number to use this program.

I obviously know that Vlingo seems very popular right now allows your voice to turn into text and as far as the text to speech; well theres a "mailtalk" app.

Anyways so I am wondering if theres a different application that does both of these; I dont mind paying 50 dollars a year but also I dont want to dial a phone # where its stored on a server sort of speaking.

Thanks

OR am I having to download both apps for my dream?

Message Edited by ltolman on 08-26-2009 03:50 PM
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Universal Dictation App (speech-text, vice versa)

when you say "text to speech", what features are you looking for ?

ability to read your emails & SMS ?
ability to read out loud webpages (for blind people for instance) ?
ability yo type a text and have it read on the voicemail of someone ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

yeah about all I would really care about is

Text to Voice only on email & sms

I'm not worried about voice on web pages, or using voice for anything else.

For example it would be nice to create a "memo" using voice then having a voice read it back to me.  But if "memo" isnt a supplied feature then again I'm not gonna quarrel.

I think I did mention; Voice on the Go application does everything I want it to; except I didnt realize I have to dial a phone number and have it initiated by a certain server

I used Voice on the Go and created a SMS text to a contact but never got a reply, then when I asked her if she got it caused I used a 3rd party application she supposedly says she did reply and if she did; again I never got a notification on my storm; though again unless I called the phone # to check my messages though I did call it back and there wasnt a prompt that said "hear your SMS messages" only compose.

So anyways mailtalk or whatever app I mentioned above, does what I want it to do, so does Vlingo but I would really prefer not to buy 2 separate applications if at all possible.

Voice on the go creates emails/SMS texts by voice

Voice on teh go reads your emails/SMS by voice

I just dont like dialing a phone # just to use the service.

Vlingo takes your voice and creates documents

mailtalk "reads" emails/SMS and puts it into a voice format

I just dont want 2 separate applications Smiley Happy

Message Edited by ltolman on 08-30-2009 02:34 PM
My Device: curve 8350
My Carrier: spring/nextel

I have a 8350 curve (NEXTEL) I am blind and would like to find software that will read the web, phone #s and other apps on my blackberry. I am told the 1 download on Blackberrys web will not work on the 8350. Is there a program that will?

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello,

I made two answers about applications that can read the screen. The discussion is here :

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Device-Software/Screen-reader-software-for-the-bla...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: