Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810

Re: Universal Search not finding/showing certain search results, especially text messages

Problem appears fixed with latest device software 6.0.0.246

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Universal Search not finding/showing certain search results, especially text messages

Universal search on the Torch is not optimized to search the device the same way the native search app worked on the Bold.  Universal search is optimized to search the web and social media, and the device search feature is pretty much an afterthought.  Too bad, because there are plenty of third party apps that search the web and social media, but there are no third party apps that will search a Blackberry device the way the Bold native search app did.  Solution, post all your really important information on twitter or facebook, and Universal Search will find it (thats supposed to be a joke).

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

Universal search wasn't working for me this morning, I then took the battery out and put it back in, and it works now. There are sooooo many bugs with this OS release, hope they fix them all soon.

I'm on 6.0.0.2.4.6 by the way.....