Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: University of Phoenix help

I'm having a problem setting up my email.phoenix.edu email address. I have found that following steps to setup my email.phoenix.edu email address on the BIS website (I have also tried setting it up on my device):

your UoP mail, go to settings , pop and forwarding... disable pop and enable imap (I have also tried with both enabled and with only POP Enabled)

next log into your carriers BIS site, click on SETUP EMAIL. when it give you 3 boxes [email, pass, confirm pass], put in your email ONLY, no passwords. Click Next

you will get an error and get the same screen, except you will get an extra option [I will provide the settings to add this email account.]. click on that option and NEXT. Choose This is my personal email account and NEXT

I will provide the settings to add this email account... NEXT

User name: (your uni email)

Password: (your uni email password)

Email server: imap.gmail.com

Email address: (your uni email)

After about 10 seconds the BIS site returns the following error: Please check your password or contact your email provider for email.phoenix.edu.

I have checked my password and I can log into my email account from the Phoenix/Gmail hosted website.
I know this isn't me since I worked tech support for Blackberry for 4 years. There is a network problem here. According to other forums there have been some users who have successfully setup their email addresses on a Blackberry.

Blackberry 9700 Bold
Carrier: AT&T

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: blah

Re: University of Phoenix help

I had probs accessing UoP with the BB Browser as well, even after changing its emulation settings.  I now access it through the Opera-mini browser I installed; it pretty much lets me access a lot of the web pages that the BB Browser can't.  Have you given it a try?  Besides Opera-mini, there's another browser called Bolt but I haven't bothered with it.

You can grab Opera-mini here:

http://www.opera.com/mini/