Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Unknown Notification Icon (yet another one)

I've been through lots of forums, and it seems I have a third party app posting a notification icon that I would like to understand and possibly clear.

large white circle with what looks like a white arrow with its tail starting from the top right corner and the arrow head filling the inside of the circle. The arrow head is just a vertical and horizontal line that looks like an "L" if you removed the arrow tail.

I don't see an app that starts with an "L" in my list. I don't find any app icons that have the asterik.

Any suggestions?

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Re: Unknown Notification Icon (yet another one)

It's not an AppWorld upgrade notification?

bb_icons3-MI.jpg

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

I just found that graphic also... it does look kind of like the app world update icon in that picture, except that the "L" is bigger in relation to the circle, there is no red asterisk where the arrow tail crosses the circle. Oh, and the "1" is on the right.

when I go in to app world, and look at upgrades available, app world is not one. and usally app world get the red asterisk on the app icon, and going in and viewing the available upgrade clears it... but this is different than it has been in the past.

oh, and I have independently seen a red triangle with a white exclamation point and a double digit nubmer, any ideas on that?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

might be an update for an unintalled app. I had one last night that drove me bonkers to find out.

Look in messages folder to see if a message exists for an app update.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

It's most certain some third party application then. Just keep looking at all your apps and see if one has sent you some sort of notification.

fyrftd wrote:

oh, and I have independently seen a red triangle with a white exclamation point and a double digit nubmer, any ideas on that?

THAT is very likely a weather app notification for some weather alert. Bad weather or warning or watch.

Do you have Weather Bug installed? BeWeather, or BerryWeather?

If you want to list ALL of your installed apps here...

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

screenCap0001

Here a screen capture of both of them!

[ Edited ]

Yep, they are both what I thought.

• The "1" is an AppWorld upgrade, just a different format icon. Look in your Messages app. Again.
  • The "52" is some weather notification/warning. What weather app are you using? I promise if you go there and look for Alerts or something you'll find it. Glad you haven't gotten blown away!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

I deleted the apps that I wasn't planning to install and allowed 2 to update... and it went away after the reboot.  Normally when I merely 'view' the list of available upgrade, the annoyance goes away (i tend not to look closely at the icons, to have realized it had been there previously).

You are  right with the weather. we have a weather advisory this PM, and accuweather is giving me the heads up and the current temp (now down to 39 °F!  When I open accuweather's app, the icon returns to a thermometer!

Great, glad you've got it sorted out!

Knowledge Base Updates