Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Unknown Status Indicator

Can't figure out this status indicator.  Looks like a circle with a  little arrow pointing down and a little red star like the ones next to a new message.  What kind of message is this. Can't find it anyway in BB info.

Thanks

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,395
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Re: Unknown Status Indicator

A very common question asked and answered here...

That notification indicates you have an application which you previously downloaded or purchased in App World > My World, which is ready for an upgrade on your device. Look there for the upgrade.

To clear the onscreen notification, find the corresponding alert message in your main messages folder, read it or clear it.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650

Re: Unknown Status Indicator

Your answer may be valid, but I saw this answer to another's question and it worked for me

see below.

Here's the answer (provided by a helpful Verizon rep): this icon denotes a "saved web page" being held as a message. Go to the Messages folder and you'll see an item highlighted in bold. This item can then be opened and/or deleted, and the pesky home screen icon will go away. I tried it and it worked.