Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT
Accepted Solution

Unknown music got inadvertently whacked

I am not exactly sure what happened, but I had about 69 songs on my Torch, and while I was perusing through my albums, I saw an annoying folder called "Unknown".  I navigated into that area, and it showed zero songs.  So I am like, ok, nothing there, let's delete that bad boy.  So I pressed the menu key, selected Delete, and it seemed to take awhile to delete 0 songs.  Finally when it got done, I only had 19 songs left.  WTH?  Ugh!  What happened?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Unknown music got inadvertently whacked

Did you do this immediately after unplugging the device from your computer?  If so, it takes a minute or two for the media app to scan the card and list all the music.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Trusted Contributor

I had just unplugged from the USB, and then deleted the Unknown area about thirty seconds or so afterwards.

Trusted Contributor

for grins I just went back and checked and there are no Unknown areas/files at all.  i had only deleted the Unknown parent directory but there were still some Unknown songs elsewhere. Now all those elsewhere Unknown files are magically non-existent.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Yeah, it sounds like you deleted the folders before the device had a chance to scan them and list the songs for you.  It deleted all the unknown songs.  Don't you have them backed up on the computer somewhere?  Did you use the Music Sync in DM6?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Trusted Contributor

I have them backed up on my laptop(s) and am in the process of putting them back on. I just copy them to the bb music directory. I am old school like that.
Guru II

And we'll give the device a few minutes to scan the card before doing anything next time?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yeppers.