Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

Unknown notification message icon

I tried clearing all my messages and I could not figure out a way to get rid of this notification message icon.  I tried lading up all my applications but nothing.  See attached picture.  It's the icon on the right side.  It looks like a phone.

Unkown icon

Thanks.

Developer
My Device: 9300 3G Curve
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

Re: Unknown notification message icon

Hi magellan,

Try these steps, might solve ur issue...

open "messages"(not the text messages) n there u will find a notification of some application wth the same sign, jst click on tht message and if u dnt want tht App installed then jst close it...the sign should be gone...

Good Luck...

with regards
simply abhik...
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please click "Accept as Solution" if your issue has been solved and to give thanks/appreciation, click thumbs up...
For BB OS update: http://us.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/update.html
BB Simulators: http://us.blackberry.com/sites/developers/resources/simulators.html
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Regular Contributor

Hi Simply Abhik,

I tried opening messages, such as pressing M on the main menu. I don't see the application associated to this icon message notification. On my 9800 Torch, I tried pressing the bar on the main screen that shows the type and number of message notification (see the attached image on my original message). Usually this will show me my missed calls, unread messages, and application for the message notifications, such as facebook or LinkedIn. I was hoping to see the application for thiis unknown icon but I didn't this time.

I tried the battery pull 3 times and this did not remove the icon.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: ATT

Did you ever figure this one out? I have the same icon, which appeared last night. I've searched the icon list and there is nothing that looks like this. Mine has a numer 1 next to it. I've opened every icon on my phone and nothing....
Regular Contributor

Nope, I haven't figured it out yet.  It appears to be some sort of phone/message icon.  I thought about applications that have phone capabilities, such as BBM voice.  But I've checked everything and I can't seem to activiate the application that this icon is associated with.

I live in Toronto and thought about taking my phone to the Eaton Centre Telus to have it looked at.  Do you think it would help to contact RIM or they would just say it's a third-party application that is causing the issue and they wouldn't be able to help me?

New Contributor

I'm not sure. I plan on going to go to the ATT store in the next day or so to upgrade my phone anyway. When I do, I'll let you know what they say it is. Hopefully, they will know.
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

magellan wrote:

.  Do you think it would help to contact RIM or they would just say it's a third-party application that is causing the issue and they wouldn't be able to help me?

It IS a third-party app that's causing it and the third-party app is from Motek.  It's called Two In One Flashlight or something like that.  Do you have that app installed on your phone?

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

(Post edited to correct the company name.)

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Yes.... Thank you. I reinstalled the flashlight and rebooted my phone. The pesky icon is finally gone! Thank you so much for your assistance. God bless!
New Contributor

Magellen, I'm new to this forum and I saw "BillJ" wrote the flashlight response. I wanted to make sure you saw the response and know you need to reinstall the flashlight app to get rid of the icon. Thanks again, to all.
Regular Contributor

Thanks BillJ!  It worked.  I deleted the Two in One Flashlight, did a battery pull, and the message notification icon is gone.  Awesome!  It's weird that I couldn't uninstall through App World and had to do a "delete" instead.