Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

Unlock Verizon

just ran accross this on another board.

It worked for me. my code was different.

I told the rep i was planning a trip to europe...

how to get the storm unlock code (verizon)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

they have released the code all you have to do is call 1-888-844-0395 have a great day
 stormers this is my first trend!!!!!

Here are the steps that she had me do:

1. Turn off all of the wireless connections ( manage connections - turn all connections off )

2. Go to Options

3. Select Advanced Options

4. Select SIM Card

5. Hit menu select show keybord

6. Enter mepd (you will not be able to see the typed info)

7. Enter mep2

8. Now it will say enter network mep code

9. My code was 0294875417773351 (dont know if it will work for all phones)

The data is working fine on a T-Mobile but the line has the blackberry data activated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Unlock Verizon

[ Edited ]
Wait Im lost at the mepd part.
Message Edited by Venomous88 on 12-01-2008 01:48 AM
Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

Call the 800 number above they will walk you through it...
My Device: Blackberry Storm

I tried FMLYHM's code on my phone and it didn't work.  So I called the number and asked them to unlock my phone for a "3rd party SIM card" while I am abroad.  They walked me through the exact same process except my code was different.  Now it is unlocked for use with any network SIM card.  Yeeeee.
Visitor

Are yall on Verizon or another network?  I am on Centennial Wireless if I call the number will they give me the code?
Developer
My Device: Tour 9630 on AT&T

[ Edited ]

I still can't believe Verizon is unlocking all these phones! I'm happily back to AT&T getting service everywhere I go again! But one problem remains, my MMS is not working...anyone know the settings for AT&T??

Message Edited by maskau on 12-09-2008 08:05 AM
"....A smart man will realize that he knows nothing and has everything to learn....."
Regular Contributor
My Device: Storm BB 9530T - Verizon

The number given is simply the same one as VZW Global services.   I told them that I was traveling overseas and really needed a local number while I was there.   They were very nice and walked me through the same procedure that was defined earlier.  The phone has now supported an ATT SIM.

Receiving a call on the ATT number caused the "cassete" message indicator to annunciate and I could not get it cleared.  I think the problem was the phone got confused with VZW visual voice mail, so that is the caution I have.

Verizon is more concerned that people understand that they will not support the phone while it has a different SIM installed than the one they provided.  I think that is reasonable and it is standard with other GSM carriers, at least in the US.

I second, third, fourth posts recommending that you just call Verizon Global Support 888 844 0395.

The very courteous rep stated the steps already listed above.

CAUTION: First, before unlocking your phone, you must have your other SIM card installed in the phone.

(Cards in the Storm are hard to remove.  I used a small pocketknife tip to grip the surface of the card and push it out.  A straight pin, or needle should work.) 

When you "enter" mep" commands, a secondary menu pops up.

Your unlock code given by the account rep is unique to your phone.  It is not dated and does not expire.  You may use it over and over.

I think you need to do all of this once you are in your destination country.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

Ones it has been unlocked it will stay unlocked, so do not need to do anything anymore.

I am woundering if I do not need to use Browser or email while I am overseas, do I need to turn it off?

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm

technically speaking, US GSM based carriers like ATT and T-Mobile should not work on Storm...as the Frequencies of US GSM companies is different than the rest of the world....that's how BB has manufacturedthem so that we cant use ATT and T-Mobile..........how r they working on Storm? are u guys making any changes?