Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9700 bold
My Carrier: United Kingdom O2

Unlock code

hi.....

Recently I have bought blackberry 9700 bold from O2 network in UK and it is blocked. Actually it is a contract mobile so they will not tell me the way how to unlock it until the contract finishes. so can any one tell me can i unblock it in free?

Thanks

My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: t mobile

Re: Unlock code

bought a used BB bold 9700 that has been used in the US. its locked. the person fixing it out a wrong code 10 times and no its locked again!!!! sont know what to do! is it fixable??

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Just to be sure, are you talking about the MEP unlock code?

If you enter the wrong MEP unlock code 10 times the device becomes permanently locked to the carrier it was locked to. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Super Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 v6.0.0.576
My Carrier: Orange UK

The most effective and cheapest way is on Ebay UK, I have tried it several times and it works. You can get a code for as low as £1 or maybe 0.99. I will definitely recommend it as Ebay and Paypal have buyer rights and you will get the refund if yu do not recieve the unlock code and instructions, which is rare. I would defiinitely recommend as its jus 99p, instead of £15 or higher sometimes charged by others

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Install this on your phone, it helps: http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/protect/

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.
Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

zia_mig33 wrote:

hi.....

Recently I have bought blackberry 9700 bold from O2 network in UK and it is blocked. Actually it is a contract mobile so they will not tell me the way how to unlock it until the contract finishes. so can any one tell me can i unblock it in free?

Thanks

Hello zia_mig33,

You can PM me if you are interested to unlock your BlackBerry for free.

Thanks.

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"