Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Tourch - 9800
My Carrier: Consumer Cellular

Unlocked Blackberry Torch - Trying to get it to work on "Consumer Cellular"

I purcased a SIM card from "Consumer Cellular" yesterday and am trying to get my ATT BB Torch to work on their network.  It's a GSM phone and from what I understand "Consumer Cellular" is GSM and rides on the ATT network. I have just unlocked my BB 9800 Torch but still have NO network connections and the phone is indicating that I need to insert a SIM card even though I have the SIM card in the phone.  I've spoken to "Consumer Cellular" twice about this with no avail. (NOTE: I was able to get my "Unlock Code" from ATT so I beleive it should be valid and the phone indicated that the code WAS accepted, however now everything on the phone indicates "Its Disabled")

So, has anybody tried to get their ATT/GSM Blackberry Torch to work on "Consumer Cellular's" network?  I'd just like to be able to use my Blackberry again, I don't even care if the data doesn't work.

ANY help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

David

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Tourch - 9800
My Carrier: Consumer Cellular

Re: Unlocked Blackberry Torch - Trying to get it to work on "Consumer Cellular"

Never mind!  Got it working, re-installed the SIM card, called "Consumer Wireles" customer support and got it working.  Made calls and sent and received text messages.  My signal at home it not strong enough to test the DATA (surfing the net) application yet.

David