Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8320
My Carrier: Fido

Unlocked bb8320 unable to connect to BB services

I purchased a BB8320 (unlocked) from Factory Direct. I recently upgraded my plan and wanted to use all the features so got the BB data plan from fido. After numerous phone calls to Fido and 2 trips to the kiosk that sold me the plan, they claim the problem is with the phone and that the PIN is blocked. (I tend to believe them as I put my SIM card into my wife's BB and it worked and registered without a hitch) . The phone is nearly a year old so I doubt I'll get help from Factory Direct, and was wondering if there is someway to get the PIN unblocked or even see if it's on some "blocked list".

Thanks

Dan

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Unlocked bb8320 unable to connect to BB services

Hello coyote19

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

coyote19 wrote:

I purchased a BB8320 (unlocked) from Factory Direct. 

Sorry but no can buy from as  you said " Factory Direct or Direct from Factory " It is through appointed carrier through which all BlackBerry were sold , On your Homescreen if you press and hold alt + aA^ + H  it will popup
a screen which will show all phone details including the Vendor ID .

coyote19 wrote:

After numerous phone calls to Fido and 2 trips to the kiosk that sold me the plan, they claim the problem is with the phone and that the PIN is blocked. (I tend to believe them as I put my SIM card into my wife's BB and it worked and registered without a hitch) . The phone is nearly a year old so I doubt I'll get help from Factory Direct, and was wondering if there is someway to get the PIN unblocked or even see if it's on some "blocked list".

If your present Carrier says that you device PIN is Blocked then you have to contact the original carrier to get your PIN released , Most often a Carrier block our PIN if that device is reported lost or stolen , any Unpaid dues etc. So you have to find the original carrier to get your PIN released or contact the one from which you got that device .

If your device PIN is blocked then no carrier will able to activate any BlackBerry Data Plan / BIS on that device .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: 8320
My Carrier: Fido

It was bought from Factory Direct.... it's a store that sells refurbished/overuns at discounted prices. The 8320 I bought was $56.00 a year ago. The other 8310 that I bought for my wife was the same $$$ and it works great. I guess I got a bad one... I'll see if they will exchange it for me but I doubt it. The phone still works good on the regular DATA and WiFi  but not the BB services

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hello coyote19

I think your wife is lucky Smiley Happy 

I believe you got a bad device and It will be a good idea if you replace it ( If possible ). Because your present carrier will not be able to add any BIS Plans on a PIN Blocked device.

Good luck. 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.