Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Unlocked blackberry storm help PLEASE

Hello, I have an unlocked blackberry storm 9530.  I am able to use it with my t-moblie account.  I can send and receive calls and texts.  However, I cannot get email, sync calendar, ext.  How am I able to get ALL the features and use them?

Thank you in advance to any information. 

JB

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Unlocked blackberry storm help PLEASE

It's quite complicated, but very possible.

1. Of course, you must have the BlackBerry Data Plan on your Tmobile account. Get that added first, call Tmobile.

2. Follow the tutorial I have written here:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9500-series-discussion-storm/180267-unlocked-storm-t-t-mobil...

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thank you so much for the information.  I called and updated my blackberry data plan we are good there.  I also, walked thru your steps on the link you provided.  Once step I unable to complete is resend my email in t-moble also I see the EDGE in all caps and when I click email set or the browser it take some time, then the EDGE goes to a smaller edge. I do have wap.voicestream. that comes up on the phone, however still cannot get the whole function.  Please help.

JB

jwb9021 wrote:

Once step I unable to complete is resend my email in t-moble

You will have to do that.

jwb9021 wrote:

when I click email set or the browser it take some time, then the EDGE goes to a smaller edge. I do have wap.voicestream. that comes up on the phone, however still cannot get the whole function.  Please help.

Did you do this, the final steps of the process?

10. Go to Manage Connections > Mobile Network Options > Network Mode > change 3G & 2G to be 2G only and escape out.

11 Then go to Manage Connections > Mobile Network > and UNcheck your service, wait for it to show OFF in the signal indicator area at the top of your screen.

12. Now, return to the same Manage Connections > Mobile Network > and CHECK your Mobile Network to be back enabled. You may have to do this 3-5 times, each time being patient for the OFF signal indicator. Then give the device five minutes to gain EDGE. If it doesn't rinse and repeat #2 and 3 here.

You should be ok from there once it reaches EDGE again.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Thank you for your reply.  Yes, I have called t-mobile and added the blackberry data service.  I now how the EDGE is all caps, however when I go to set up then set up email the all caps EDGE go back to the lower case edge.  Also when on the t-mobile site, you explained that I would need to resend my email with t-mobile, I cannot seem to locate how to do this either.  So sorry, this is all new to me, Thank you so much for taking the time to assist.

JB

ok, so did you follow all of the steps in the tutorial to remove the browser_daemon cod file and replace it as well as the steps 10-12 I copied above?

Likewise, until you get the generic TMO service books copied over from  from the tutorial as well pushed from TMO, you won't get anywhere.

If you need the TMO BIS site:

https://my.t-mobile.com/Login/Default.aspx

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Great, thank you.  Maybe I am just an **bleep** but when I go to https://my.t-mobile.com/Login/Default.aspx I cannot seem to locate what I need to do to push the email threw.  Any thoughts?

JB

New Contributor

OK got email working.  NOW how do I get my calendar in yahoo to sync with my storm?

JB

Great, glad that is working.

jwb9021 wrote:

OK got email working.  NOW how do I get my calendar in yahoo to sync with my storm?

JB

Desktop Manager > Sync > Yahoo

Download Desktop Manager from here:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

J SANDERS IS THE BEST ON THIS SITE!!!! Thank you for all the help.  I am up and running with the Blackberry Storm 9350 with TMO service and ALL the features are working. Thank you again for all the help.  I am saving your info for future inquiries.

JB Smiley Very Happy