Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T mobile

Unlocking Phone for different SIM Card

Hi everyone,

I needed some urgent help. My phone got stolen last week and I am using my Blackberry Bold in the meantime. I need to unlock the phone so that I can use my Vodafone SIM card because I am paying a monthly contract with them. I bought the phone with T-mobile and they are charging me £20 to unlock the phone where as Vodafone don't charge anything! I don't understand why they are being so petty about this. 

I want to use my Blackberry and was hoping you can advise on how to get the phone unlocked quickly and cheaply.

I'm going on holiday on 18th May and need help asap.

thank you!

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Unlocking Phone for different SIM Card

Hello skan143

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Every Carrier have there own charges for Unlocking a device , You can search on internet if any trusted vendor provide such Unlock key at a  Cheaper rate . But please note those code should be correct if you enter wrong codes too may times then it will be hardlocked . So choose vendor wisely . 

In my Opnion , If  that device belong to T-Mobile then you should get it Unlocked from T-Mobile itself . Also read this Article :Unlocking your BlackBerry Guide

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Unlocking Phone for different SIM Card

Prince is correct, each carrier can decide what to charge, or you can choose a third party unlock code vendor, just use one who is trustworthy and reputable, such as in the link which Prince has given you above.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code