Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8900
My Carrier: Vodaphone

Unlocking my phone

I'd like to know how I can go about unlocking my phone! 

I've had this thing since last October and It's been absolutely brilliant, trouble is I'm heading toward Australia for a good 4 months for an intern-ship and I thought it'd be a smart move to Unlock this handset and simply stick in a different sim for long-distance calls / texts. 

Now I've been told by some, shall we say, less savoury characters I know, to either pay someone on the street to do it or look at a youtube video. Now I don't want to see judgemental but neither someone I don't know on the street handling my phone or someone I've never met online telling me to fiddle about with the innards of mine phone sends chills down my spine. So I decided to do the sensible option by coming and posting here. 

Waffling aside could someone please help me here 

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS; PlayBook w/OS
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Unlocking my phone

The following is a reputable unlocking service.

1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!