Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold
My Carrier: o2

Re: Unreadable Desktop Manager software

gosh- we're in such a similar position- I also run a business and only swapped over from Nokias for all of us about 2 years ago. Was very pleased with the functionality of desktop software etc and all good until this crazy issue that RIM don't seem to be addressing. It makes a very nice phone almost 10 years out od date if you can't sync etc and, like you, I'm about to have a look at that good looking new Nokia. Come on RIM- sort this problem out for us properly, rather than suggest that we've loaded wrong languages etc., and you might just hang on to a fre customers who are having consider swtiching brand against their ultimate will. We need a proper explanation, not a guess, and a fix, as we're all too busy to start reloading software etc. We all know that always ends up with other things not then working properly. I also still have a very annoying Bluetooth problem since BB6, by the way. My phone will pair with my car kit only after a reboot. After that first connection it won't connect unless I turn the phone off and back on again. Also a bit hopeless! 

New Contributor

gosh- we're in such a similar position- I also run a business and only swapped over from Nokias for all of us about 2 years ago. Was very pleased with the functionality of desktop software etc and all good until this crazy issue that RIM don't seem to be addressing. It makes a very nice phone almost 10 years out of date if you can't sync etc and, like you, I'm about to have a look at that good looking new Nokia. Come on RIM- sort this problem out for us properly, rather than suggest that we've loaded wrong languages etc., and you might just hang on to a fre customers who are having consider swtiching brand against their ultimate will. We need a proper explanation, not a guess, and a fix, as we're all too busy to start reloading software etc. We all know that always ends up with other things not then working properly. I also still have a very annoying Bluetooth problem since BB6, by the way. My phone will pair with my car kit only after a reboot. After that first connection it won't connect unless I turn the phone off and back on again. Also a bit hopeless! 

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: TMobile

Hi Peter,

Yes indeed we are, and speaking from a UK perspective (as these are only robust figures I have from top of head) 95% of the buisness community is made up of the SME sector, so we are not the small minows we think! lol

On a serious  note, it would be nice to get a fix as it BB phones do have good functionality and I echo the issues around continually reinstalling.....for me its not possible as we use logistics modelling softwares in varying degress on our lap tops and to reinstall with the requisite files is a 2 day job at minimum per machine to get back online and calibrated, so not going to those lengths!

New Contributor

well rather amazingly, I've cracked it, during a flight with no internet access, and having written all my emails! I deleted the existing software from the computer, restarted, went into Regedit and deleted the font cache from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services (You just right click on FontCache and press delete

I then came out of regedit and **bleep** down. I then restarted and all is fine. I've restarted the computer several times, connected the phone a few times and it's still working, so fingers crossed and good luck to all- Peter

New Contributor

of course I also reinstalled the desktop software!

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: TMobile

Peter,

Thank you so much for the information; have applied what you had suggested and et voila it is now working.

It took a while, but got there in the end, albeit devoid of the OEM's assistance! ;-)

Thanks once again and wishing you a good week!

Liam.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: bell

Thank you - i have spent hours trying to fix this.