Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Bell

Unrecognized Blackberry Device

Hello,

I own an unlocked Storm 9570. I installed BB Desktop Manager 6.0, and when i connected my bb it said 

"Unrecognized BlackBerry Device

BlackBerry Desktop Software device information update failed. Please verify you have a valid internet connection."

As you can see, i have a valid internet connection.

Help?

Solutions: 6,395
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Unrecognized Blackberry Device

Proabably because there is not such model as the Storm 9570.

If you have one, it hasn't been released and likely is supported at all.

And let me know where you bought it, I'd like one.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

I have a similar problem with one computer I have DM 6 loaded on.  It doesn't recongnize the device and won't show the picture, etc.  Other machines work fine so I think it's jut an issue with that particular installation. 

Check your device type, though.  You may have the wrong device model number.  Verify your device type by looking in Options >About.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

@JSanders

Yeah you're right, this is the Storm 3 aka Storm 2 refresh. It was made for verizon but was cancelled.

I'm sorry but i do not know about how you would go about acquiring one. Thank you for your reply though

@John_Clark

I'm not quite sure what you mean by device type. It's running on OS6 so the options are a bit different. But I think I found the equivalent page. 

It says its a BlackBery 9570 smartphone (3G, CDMA, Wifi) plus a bunch of other stuff like the os it's running etc.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

In that case, you are in uncharted territory. Its possible there is an .xml file you could edit to make DM recognize it as something. It would take some trial and error.

How did you "acquire" this device? I hope it never requires an OS reload as I have not seen an OS for this device...unless you have access to that too....in which case I'm quite surprised you are posting on this particular forum.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have access to those too, I was just wondering if the problem is on the softwares side, or on my side, and I feel I understand the problem better now.

It's a long story but I assure you that an armed robbery with several hostages taken and executed was not involved. Smiley Tongue

Guru II

Pic?

RaspberryKush wrote:

BlackBerry Desktop Software device information update failed. Please verify you have a valid internet connection."

So, to your original question, what are you intending to do... load an OS, or what is your goal here?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Guru II

My guess is that device is missing in the device.xml but I don't know for sure.

Could be, no doubt.

Try not using the Desktop Software and instead use loader.exe and see if the device is recognized...

Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and double click on "Loader.exe."

Knowledge Base Updates