Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

Unresponsive Javelin

I apologise if this is covered elsewhere.

Over the last couple weeks my blackberry had a problem with the keys in that I would press one key and get an incorrect letter or keys would just not respond, if I did a battery pull this would fix the problem. 

On Saturday I had a problem that even the battery pull would not solve and it kept freezing on the carrier screen, I read somewhere this was likely due to a third party theme and it explained how to get rid of this which I did and for a few hours it performed almost as normal. By Sunday morning however  the phone had become unresponsive again. I attempted to reset which didn't work.I was still getting calls which I just could not answer (although when pressing the call answer key it is the only key that makes the screen light up) and I was still receiving alert and icon notifications for texts, emails and bbm conversations. 

I thought it may have been a software issue so I ran an upadate but I still have the same problem. I now have no phone and it is fully stressing me out as I don't know what has caused this nor what to do to fix it.

I've checked the 2 water damage indicators and it definitely isn't that....so if anyone could help I would be so grateful