03-30-2014 07:40 AM
i got error 102... Tried to update my blackBerry bold 9780 using BlackBerry Desktop Software and then during the update got this error-- Unspecified error encountered [A:0x0000008E]--- please help me with this error
03-30-2014 07:47 AM
1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
2. Download the OS file from step 1 to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
3. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Also check the following locations for vendor.xml files and delete any instances of the file:
On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
4. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to next step.
6. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
03-31-2014 03:49 AM - edited 03-31-2014 03:58 AM
Tried this method. BBSAK does not connects with the phone. and loader also gives the same error...Unspecified error encountered [A:0x0000008E].... and this error comes when Loading new software to device starts..
03-31-2014 06:40 AM