Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Three

Unwanted Hotspot Disconnection

Whenever I put my mobile hotspot on, on my Blackberry Torch, It automatically disconnects due to inactivity, even though I am actively using the internet. I have disabled the auto switch off, even had the device plugged in and it's still the same. Is there a way to stop this happening?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Unwanted Hotspot Disconnection

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here is a KB that may provide some insight

• KB33009 Mobile Hotspot Security Features

If you are on BES, then the BES admins may well be enforcing such a disconnection -- talk to your BES admins as they are in control.

If you are not on BES, then check to see if you have a latent IT Policy:

• KB30076 How to check for an IT Policy on a BlackBerry smartphone

If you do and wish to remove it, then first be sure you have a full backup...check the link in my auto-sig on this post for full instructions. Then, perform this:

• KB31291 How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory settings using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Afterwards, when you restore, DO NOT do a full restore...rather, do a selective restore of only those databases you require (e.g., messages, contacts, calendar) and avoid any that have anything to do with IT Policy, Enterprise, etc. If you restore those databases, they will dutifully put the IT Policy back onto your device, and you will be right back where you started.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Three

First of all, thank you for such a speedy answer. I was expecting to wait a few days.
I went through everything you said and I do have an IT Policy on my device. Unfortunately, as I have recently moved, my broadband won't be connected until the 12th and my version of Desktop Manager needs updating, (5.0 - 7.1), which I can only do online. Until then, I'll have to use my phone for my internet needs.
Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

You are very welcome...you just happened to catch me at a moment when I was here!

In any event, any other remedies I might provide (e.g., OS reload) will likewise require a computer and an internet connection for the computer. Hence, let us know when you have that all working and are ready to proceed.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................