Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8900
My Carrier: T Mobile

Unwanted email address in phone that can not be deleted.

I did have 2 active email accounts attached to my Blackberry. I now only use one, and can not get rid of the other one, which is no longer working. Unfortunately this rogue email sometimes pops in by default without me seeing it and I send an email into the ether. According to my email account list, the rogue one does not exist. However there is still an icon on my screen for this rogue account.  Please help.

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Unwanted email address in phone that can not be deleted.

1. On your 8900 > Settings/Options > Advanced > Service Books... you should find two entries with that email address listed, one [CICAL] and one [CIMIME]. Scroll to each and press the Menu > Delete key.
  2. Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot.
  3. Then also look at Options > Advanced > Default Services. At that screen, make sure your correct email account is set as the default.

That should resolve it for you.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: curve 8900
My Carrier: T Mobile

Thanks for that - when I checked Service Books the only email showing was the correct one!

In Default the correct one showed on CICAL and SYNC but the incorrect one showed on CMIME which I have now changed...

Once rebooted the rogue address still appears on 'compose email' and there is still an icon for it on the blackberry...

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Was this a normal personal email account or a BES enterprise work-related email account?

At your Options > Security > Information, what's on that screen?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code