Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Unwanted messages from network@etp1108.etp.na.blackberry.net

I have a Blackberry 8700g from T-Mobile. I recently updated from the 4.3 Desktop Manager to the 4.7 Desktop Manager. I immediately began receiving tons of emails from network@etp1108.etp.na.blackberry.net with the subject line RIM_bca28a80-e9c0-11d1-87fe-00600811c6a2 and an attached .dat file. I thought I had entered some incorrect settings so I unistalled and re-downloaded the software and did not make any changes. I still receive these annoying emails. I called T-Mobile and they were not able to solve the problem. I have received about 400 of these emails over the past 3 days. I downloaded the Desktop Manager without media. Can anyone tell me how to stop these emails?  Thanks, Claire
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Unwanted messages from network@etp1108.etp.na.blackberry.net

Greetings, and welcome to the BlackBerry.com Support Forums.

Reason : You have installed Desktop Manager using the 'Desktop Redirector' option.

Step 1: If you're not using Redirector, you should uninstall Desktop Manager and then reinstall it using the BlackBerry Internet Service option.

Step 2: On your device, go to: Options > Advanced > Service Book, and delete all service books for [Desktop]

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks J, I think the deletion of the desktop entries in the Services area was causing the problem after I reinstalled as I had reinstalled using the internet option, but did not know to remove the entries under "Services". I am so happy to be rid of these annoying emails!
Highlighted
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Good deal.

Have a good day!

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code