Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

Update BB Device Applications (5.0) Fails - Help!

I have a Curve 8530 v.5.0.0.508, and when I connected it to sync today, I got a message that device application updates were available. I tried to install the updates, but got this message:

BlackBerry® Desktop Manager failed to validate your BlackBerry® device update.

How can I fix or get around this? Also, why did it then turn off my connections (which I had to manually turn on)?

I use Desktop Manager for Mac, the latest update.

Thanks.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Update BB Device Applications (5.0) Fails - Help!

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums!

This is from the Release Notes for your version of Desktop Manager:

Thanks,

Bifocals

MKS 508239 You receive the following error message when you update your device during a slow Internet connection:
"BlackBerry Desktop Manager failed to validate your BlackBerry device update."
Impact: You cannot update your device software.
Workaround: None.

Desktop Manager 1.0.3 build 19.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

Thanks for the info, Bifocals.  At least I know now it is a "known issue," although I didn't think I had particularly slow Internet connection, since it's cable high speed.

Just another really lame  example of the Desktop Manager for Mac.  Sigh, why can't RIM put out a product that (a) works consistently, and (b) offer free tech support to fix it when it doesn't?

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

ss1013 wrote:

Thanks for the info, Bifocals.  At least I know now it is a "known issue," although I didn't think I had particularly slow Internet connection, since it's cable high speed.

Just another really lame  example of the Desktop Manager for Mac.  Sigh, why can't RIM put out a product that (a) works consistently, and (b) offer free tech support to fix it when it doesn't?

Hi,

I think the error message simply means that a request was not answered in a specified time window.

A high speed internet connection with errors, or  one being heavily monitored by a virus checker could be considered a slow connection.

It may be that the connections on the device are shut down to allow the Blackberry to reallocate memory for synchronizing. I would suggest clearing the browser cache on your Blackberry and performing a battery pull immediately prior to plugging in the USB. This will allow the most memory available for the device to use while performing the synchronization.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter