Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9220
My Carrier: Claro

Update BBM 7.0.1.23

My Blackberry 9220 came with the BBM working perfectly, so I decided to update it to the latest version 7.0.1.23  then it totally stop working and in fact the screen got all blue and the logo of BlackBerry appear on top. BBM on my blackberry doesn´t work anymore, I need help please!

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Update BBM 7.0.1.23

Hello omarmnn123

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Ohh .. Something might have gone wrong with the recent update  ! Can you try reinstalling BBM to see if that help , to reinstall  BlackBerry Messenger first On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device Application Management > Locate and delete BlackBerry Messenger from there.

KB10040  :  How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

After deleting perform a  Battery Pull Restart by  removing the battery while your device is Powered On , wait a min. then re-insert it back . Finally reboot from your BlackBerry Browser browse to  www.blackberry.com/bbm and the most recent available for your device .After reinstalling see if that helps 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

I've just did that but the message that appears is "Not enough coverage or wireless connection to the wireless network is disabled" . But I have my data plan working fine on all my apps and I've also tried with my WiFi but it still shows the same message. Please help me.
Elite II

Hi omarmnn123

Currently are you able to use other BlackBerry Data Service like Facebook for BlackBerry , email services etc. over your Mobile Network .

The message indicates the problem with BlackBerry Internet Services , On you Homscreen Go to Manage Connection > Service Status > BlackBerry Internet Services = what is the status ?

let us know.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

It appears not connected

Elite II

Hello omarmnn123

That is the reason you are having problem with BBM, So please give a call to your Carrier or Wireless Service Provider to know if they have any problem on there side . Without BIS BlackBerry Messenger will not work .

When you're connected with BIS try those above steps , it will resolve your issue.

Good luck.

New Contributor

But shouldn´t the BBM work with my wifi at home?? Because before I bought my phone with a data plan I just used my WiFi and it used to work perfectly. And if the BBM doesn´t work why does the rest of apps does?

Elite II

Hello omarmnn123

Yes BBM will work over wifi but still to use BlackBerry Messeneger we need BlackBerry Data Plan or atleast a BlackBerry Social plan which allows those messenging services, without that it will not work over a WiFi network.

Now a day most BlackBerry native apps like Facebook for BB, Twitter etc. work over WiFi without BIS , but not BBM and a few others.