Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Update Error

[ Edited ]

I have a BlackBerry Curve 8520.

When i go to Application Loader in my BlackBerry Desktop Manager, I go to Update Software, and then I find an Update: BlackBerry 4.6 System Software, I click next, it goes to process and asks if i want to recieve emails, I say, Not at this time, then it gives me a list of what is being updated and removed, what is being removed is my blackberry messenger. So i click finish and it starts updating. Its completes ' Connect to Device ', then goes to  Back Up Device data.. and right when it completes, it goes to Download device software and gives me a message " An error has occured while downloading  software for your device. Please verify your internet connection or try again later, if the problem persists.

Help will be great. Thanks.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Update Error