Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: MTC Namibia

Update For Facebook App on Torch

Good Day, 

I received an notification on my facebook saying theres an update for ym facebook app. Unfortunetly when clinked the appworld opens up and saying that its not yet available for my country (Namibia). 

So out of ciriousity how am I suposse to update my facebook if thats the only way to do it? Is there another link to download facebook directly to my PC or onto my Phone.

Or can someone email me the installation file(s). 

Please help me

(I did contact BB but still didn't received an awnser) 

Device info: BB torch 9800
Your carrier: MTC Namibia
Model info and OS version: 6.0 bundle 2475
(v6.0.0.546, Platform 6.6.0.207)
---------------------------------
Lead, Follow or get out of the Way.
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Update For Facebook App on Torch

You're lucky, that's not the only way to do it.

From your phone's browser, type www.blackberry.com/facebook and download it from there.  The facebook app is available to every country except China, however BlackBerry AppWorld is not available to many countries.  For that reason, it makes it difficult for many people to get access to it.  The link I supplied will get you around this problem.

Enjoy your new facebook app!  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: MTC Namibia

Thanks, 

tries it your way but didn't work. Keeps opening up AppWorld. 

Properbly have to wait for it to be available in my country! 

Device info: BB torch 9800
Your carrier: MTC Namibia
Model info and OS version: 6.0 bundle 2475
(v6.0.0.546, Platform 6.6.0.207)
---------------------------------
Lead, Follow or get out of the Way.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

As per Bill's suggestion, you have to scroll down the page a bit in order to directly download the app from the mobile web site. The first link you come to will indeed take you to AppWorld, but if you scroll down further on the page, there should be a direct download link. Good luck!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

i'm using facebook beta app and so i download from bb beta zone instead of via app world.