Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Developer
My Device: 8520 Edge

Update download site seems out of order, when will it be functional again.

Anyone know the status of thee download site.  I have tried for six hours to update my curve and keep getting "can't find it" messages, when I can get here just fine.  It quit in the middle of an update and the phone shows app error 523 "reset"

Can't find any "oops" messages on the site.  Any one know its status and when I will be able to redo the update

LugiWriter: There are 4 rules to writing a Novel, unfortunately no one knows what they are. [sic]
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Curve 8520 OS v5.0.0.681
My Carrier: Orange UK

Re: Update download site seems out of order, when will it be functional again.

Specifically, which download site are you referring to?

Blackberry Best Advice - Back-up weekly

If I have helped you please check the "Kudos" star on the right >>>>
Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: 8520 Edge

[ Edited ]

The one my desktop Software 6.0.0.43 ?[menu]>Check for updates apparently tries to link to. The Connection Error message gives no detail as to the desired update server.  Please see the attachment.

This has only happened since I updated my desktop software to 6.0.0.43.

The one time it connected the download stopped mid download and the phone ended up with an application error 5xx and the word reset.  It would have helped if it said press the button to reset the phone, so I was a little slow on the uptake.  I finally did press the button and the phone returned to its state before the download.  So I was more lucky than some of the others here.

Ever since I still get the same connection error.   Please note that my browser is open and connected to this site, verifying my internet connection.  Also makes no difference whether the phone is connected or not. 

LugiWriter: There are 4 rules to writing a Novel, unfortunately no one knows what they are. [sic]
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Curve 8520 OS v5.0.0.681
My Carrier: Orange UK

LuigiWriter wrote:

The one my desktop Software 6.0.0.43 ?[menu]>Check for updates apparently tries to link to. The Connection Error message gives no detail as to the desired update server.  Please see the attachment.

This has only happened since I updated my desktop software to 6.0.0.43.

I recently updated to DTS 6 and did not have an issue. I suggest uninstalling the software. If you did not remove 5, then use it to perform the tasks you were trying. If not then reinstall it

KB13427

I also suggest downloading the latest OS to the computer so you are ready to go

http://us.blackberry.com/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

Hopefully that will get you where you want to be.

Blackberry Best Advice - Back-up weekly

If I have helped you please check the "Kudos" star on the right >>>>