Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Super Contributor
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: vodafone UK

Re: Update installed current version Bold 9900

Hello,
I'll search for another vendor and see what will happened.
What I meant is that someone uploaded the old .714 version files as .1033 instead of the the real ones by mistake. Smiley Happy

Regards.
Blackberry! Here, now, forever!
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

kosten4 wrote:

I'll search for another vendor and see what will happened.

OK...let us know the result.

kosten4 wrote:

What I meant is that someone uploaded the old .714 version files as .1033 instead of the the real ones by mistake. Smiley Happy

Ahhhh...yes...always a possibility. While rare, it is not unheard of for an OS package that a carrier uploads to the official portal to have errors of some kind or another. However, what you suspect would be much worse than what I've seen before -- once in the past, I saw where the OS packages from two different carriers were indeed for the exact same version, but they contained different language components. But, for the version to be completely wrong is not something I've seen before. Of course, if such happens, then it's always wise to try other OS packages from other carriers.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Super Contributor

Hello, found just one vendor file. Is the other one in same folder?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

The VENDOR.XML file(s) will be in the folders I noted in step 5 of post 13 above. Please note carefully that up there I also state "they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders"...so you need to dig carefully, since I can't see your computer.

Given the BB OS version you have stated, I would still expect to find two VENDOR.XML files that must be deleted -- of course, I can't know for certain, unless I attempt to fully replicate all that you are attempting.

Let us know.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Super Contributor

Hello,

As I was thinking the files uploaded as .1033 were just the old ones .714.
As soon as I downloaded another version from another carrier and deleted the vendor, which is one file only, the BBDM detected the update and the installation went easily.
Thanks,
I'm looking forward to the next update which will be like the new 9270. Smiley Happy

Regards.
Hall of Famer III

I'm glad you found an OS package that worked for you. Good luck!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bouygues

The next update will be the 7.1.0.1046 or 1047.
The 1046 is available from Orange and O2 UK only for the 9720 for the moment.

Super Contributor

I'm downloading it, will try it Smiley Happy
Thanks.
Super Contributor

Didn't work. Wii have to wait the version for the 9900. Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bouygues

Yep I tested it too it doesnt work Smiley Happy so BAD !