Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Update interupted, Backup incomplete

I was in the middle of updating my blackberry and it was interuppted in the middle of restoring all of my information, to be specific, it was in the middle of restoring my text messages, and had not gotten to restoring my pictures or music and anything after that.

I try and run the update again but it just says that my phone is already up to date and won't finish the backup.

How can I fix this?! It has also deleted all of my calendar events and I have no previous memory on my phone. There should have been a backup file when I was updating the phone right? How can I get access to it?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Update interupted, Backup incomplete

Can you verify that the version of software currently on your device is the most recent version on your provider's download site? Check Options -> About on the device and your provider's download site in the list here: http://bbry.lv/ad7CII If it has been updated, you can restore any missing data from your backup file. The backup file is saved by default in the Documents/My Documents folder on the PC. It should be called Loader Backup <date>.ipd. If you don't see one there, try searching your PC for an .ipd file.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!