07-16-2011 05:42 PM
I did an update on my phone by conecting to my laptop and it caused an error message 'app error 200' and now the phone is frozen and wont do anything. It loads the Blackberry load up screen but the line along the bottom freezes when it gets to the end and nothing happens. I've tried removing the battery and still nothing. After a while the phone just displays the error message. Any ideas, anyone?
07-17-2011 02:17 PM
Something must have gone wrong with the update. Hence, a reload is now in order. From a PC, you can install any OS package to a BB via this procedure:
Note that while written for "reload" and the Storm, it can be used to upgrade, downgrade, or reload any BB device model -- it all depends on the OS package you download and install to your PC. You can even use a different carriers OS package by simply inserting, between steps 1 and 2, the deletion, on your PC, of a file named VENDOR.XML. Be sure that you remove, from your PC, any other BB device OS packages as having more than one installed to the PC can cause conflicts with this procedure.
If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:
Good luck and let us know!
07-17-2011 05:41 PM
07-17-2011 06:05 PM
07-18-2011 01:06 PM
This is what you do and it worked for me when I was pulling my hair out!
1. Pull the battery and LEAVE IT OUT
2. Open the Blackberry Desktop Manager
3. Click on Application Loader and choose Update Software
4. Connect your Blackberry with the battery still OUT
5. If prompted, enter your password/pin (didnt ask me - just didnt recognise my BB)
6. If multiple OS's are listed, choose the one with preferred next to it(if yo're rememmber what caused your error remove them here, by highlight the app and click delete, leave uncheck)
7. Allow the update to run without the battery
8. When it says device initialization, it will attempt to reboot. At this point you will need to insert your battery or it will show the battery icon with the red line through it. If this icon shows, simply insert your battery and the phone will reboot again
9. Allow the software to continue the update cheers If done correctly, you will have a working Blackberry once again!
It worked and saved everything bar my contacts so I would 110% recommend doing this.
07-18-2011 11:43 PM - edited 07-18-2011 11:46 PM
Those steps are a bit of overkill (the battery can be put in anytime after the computer has recognized it), but if your computer is having troubles recognizing the device, removing the battery is exactly what you want to do as it will force the computer to see the device.
And if your computer can see your BlackBerry, I wrote up another set of instructions on how to reload your OS here: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-soft
Those steps will do essentially the same.
Enjoy your fixed BB!
If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.
If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!