Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Torch

Update os version for 8310 to 4.6 or above

Can I upgrade and install a newer version than 4.5 on a blackberry 8310 because the latest I get from the site is v4.5.0.306?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Press the button to give kudos if I helped you Smiley Happy
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Update os version for 8310 to 4.6 or above

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

If you can find an OS package, you can install it with this procedure:

It does not matter what OS version it is -- this procedure will install it whether it be an upgrade, downgrade, or reload. Further, you are not limited to the version your carrier has released...if you choose to use an OS package from a carrier that is not your BBs original carrier, then simply insert, between steps 1 and 2, the deletion, on your PC, of a file named VENDOR.XML.

The hard part, I fear, for you will be finding a newer OS package for your vintage of BB. Your best bet is probably to look at all carriers via the download portal (a link is in the above procedure). It'll take a while, but you can use that to seek out all carriers that support your BB model and download their OS packages.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry curve 8310 smartphone
My Carrier: vodacom mozambique

Hi, can you provide me with a link to download the latest os for bb curve 8310? I would apreciate it. Thank you. My career is vodacom mozambique.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

xadreque wrote:
Hi, can you provide me with a link to download the latest os for bb curve 8310? I would apreciate it. Thank you. My career is vodacom mozambique.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

When you actually read the post above, you you will find within that a link to what you are requesting. In any event, here:

That is the official download portal through which one can obtain all OS packages from all carriers.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
JSD
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 8310
My Carrier: simple mobile

Please I want 2 download what's up bt it can't, saying ma os is old.Please do samtin abt it 4 me
Hall of Famer III

JSD wrote:
Please I want 2 download what's up bt it can't, saying ma os is old.Please do samtin abt it 4 me

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Sorry...but there's nothing I can think of to do for you. What you need is already posted in this thread. If you require a specific minimum OS level, then you must dig through the above-linked download portal to find it...and then install it...and then you should be able to install what else you desire. But from what you've said here, I can't think of anything further to offer than what's already in this thread...if you provide more specifics, maybe then we can help more. But if all you are needing is an updated OS, then what is above already contains all you need to 1) figure out if an adequate OS level is available and 2) if so, how to install it.

Good luck!

JSD
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 8310
My Carrier: simple mobile

I want to upgrade my os to 4.6.
Help me.
Hall of Famer III

JSD wrote:
I want to upgrade my os to 4.6.
Help me.

OK...well...again, all you need is already in this post...but since you seem to be unable to process that, I'll provide the redundant instructions...

Please refer to this official download portal as you proceed. It is sorted first by carrier -- so if all you want are the OS levels your carrier supports, your search will be quick. However, some carriers are much slower than others to release updates. To truly seek out the exact OS package that you desire for your BB, you must dig through and find all carriers that support your specific model BB, and then compare the OS levels that they support. If none presently support the exact version that you desire, then it's simply not available.

From a PC, you can install any compatible (e.g., for your exact BB Model Number) OS package to a BB via this procedure:

Note that while written for "reload" and the Storm, it can be used to upgrade, downgrade, or reload any BB device model -- it all depends on the OS package you download and install to your PC. After installing the OS package to your PC, please remeber to delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Be sure that you remove, from your PC, any other BB device OS packages as having more than one installed to the PC can cause conflicts with this procedure.

Good luck and let us know!

My Device: 3810
My Carrier: 1556-011