Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Update to Version 6.1.0.35 breaks connection to Bold 9700 and Desktop software

After selecting upgrade this morning, when prompted by Blackberry desktop, the Blackberry Desktop, I am unable to connect to my Blackberry. (I know I shouldn't have upgraded!)
BlackBerry  Desktop Software cannot communicate with the connected device.
If the device is rebooting or has a dead battery, click Retry to attempt to reconnect once the device reboots.
If clicking Retry doesn't connect the device, or the device isn't rebooting with a charged battery, you might need to update your BlackBerry Device Software to correct the problem.
Retry Update Close are the button options.
I have retried all, including multiple reboots, etc..
Running in Windows Vista Business Service Pack 2 and 6.0 Bundle 1879 on the Bold 9700.
I am new to the forum and could not find this problem in the recent issues...
Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance,
John 

New Contributor

Re: Update to Version 6.1.0.35 breaks connection to Bold 9700 and Desktop software

I should add that I am using USB 2.0 port to sync.

New Contributor

Re: Update to Version 6.1.0.35 breaks connection to Bold 9700 and Desktop software

Don't shoot the messenger, but it seems to have fixed itself (I did reboot my Bold last night!).  Is this magic or is there really a logic to this?

Highlighted

I am experiencing the same problem. Has your issue been resolved? I gave up and have been using a previous version of desktop.