08-02-2012 01:17 PM
I can't download the update version 7.1.0 bundle 1149
a message pops up saying
'insufficient memory to download files. 86.0 mb of personal data from device memory is required but there is only 74.6 mb Delete 11.3 mb of personal data and the resume download'
but I have deleted all my emails and all my text messages and most of my photos and this still comes up! Help what do I do! Xx
08-02-2012 01:20 PM
I cannot tell for sure, but if you are attempting this update via the device "wireless update" method, then I recommend you STOP! That is a very risky, IMHO, method of doing an update...the OTA update takes an on-device backup of your data, from which it restores after the update succeeds. But, if for any reason, the update should fail, then that backup file is forever lost...along with all of your data.
Rather, the simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
4) If that OS package is from a carrier other than the carrier for which your BB was originally manufactured, then delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
5) Launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC. If, during the process, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
Don't forget to backup.
If this method still presents you with a similar error, then there are other means to still accomplish the OS update.
If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:
Good luck and let us know!