08-09-2012 11:14 PM
I have tried uninstalling DM 5 thru 7 and still cannot sync my organizer with my BB curve and playbook. This all started when the system upgraded the DM software. I have removed with their tech support and without. I am quite knowledgable of computers and have even formatted the playbook twice. Actually the platbook formatted itself the first time. I almost bricked it from that but got it reloaded with no data and no backup or sync. I'm about ready to throw it out the window and go with a windows phone or android. This is a pathetic waste of time.
08-12-2012 11:31 PM
Registry gets corrupted in Windows is the problem. Restore your windows to a time before install of first version of BB and you can likley install the new 6.0. otherwise I purchased IOBit's Advanced System Care and it managed to clean up the registry for me. Quite a nastry piece of software, unfortunately.
08-12-2012 11:40 PM
I don't feel like taking my system that far back. My BB device was installed over 2 years ago. I have done a complete removal of the desktop software in versions 5, 6, 7, and now 7.1. Including scouring the registry in windows and removing anything associated with RIM. The only thing I haven't done is format windows and I refuse to do that when it was working until RIM pushed out version 7. I will give up RIM products before I go that route. RIM should have tested the version before foisting it off on customers.
08-12-2012 11:43 PM
I need to add that the problem is strictly with the desktop manager and Outlook now. This is the error I get when connecting my phone or Playbook:
"unable to access local folders. if your outlook profile uses the hotmail connector, you must create a local data store (pst) and set it as the default delivery location for the profile."
Outlook is my default email with hotmail and gmail.
08-13-2012 10:12 AM
That sounds like a problem in outlook. Somehow it is not picking up the pst folder. I have not used hotmail or gmail so sorry I cannot comment on that problem. I never ran into that issue, just registry corruption that would not allow it to pick up the phone when connected. Maybe someone with better microsoft undertanding my be able to help. It sounds like it may not be the blackberry software exactly but some windows configuration issues.
Sorry out of my league,