Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9550
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Updated to DM 6, cannot configure sync

Storm 2 9550 on Verizon

Device Software 5.0.0.713

Win XP Pro SP 3

Outlook 2007 SP 2

Updated to Desktop Manager 6 today following all of the prompts.  When I try to configure synchronization by clicking "Configure settings", a dialog comes up that indicates it is "Determining the root configuration name for the main system . . ." and after a few seconds another pops up that says "Intellisync - - Unknown error reported".  I have tried to "Reset settings" with no change in the result.

Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out. - - John Corapi, The Black Sheep Dog
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Updated to DM 6, cannot configure sync

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I strongly urge you take advantage of the RSS link from the technical support Desktop Manager 6.0

feed. Mighty good right off the presses KB's!

Thanks,

Bifocals

RSS Desktop Manager 6.0 RIMM Feed.

User Guide - BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0.0 PDF PDF
Update Guide - BlackBerry Device Software   PDF PDF
Release Notes - BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0.0 PDF PDF
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

I looked over there with no joy.   All of the solutions referred to previous versions of the software.  I'll keep checking back to see if there are any updates.  Thanks!

Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out. - - John Corapi, The Black Sheep Dog
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi Lammo,

There are two more regarding media aspects, think you can go get them now, or would you like to check back?

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB23681

How to configure organizer data synchronization settings using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0

KB23829

Comparing Desktop Manager 5.0.1 and Desktop Software 6.0

KB23680

How to back up and restore BlackBerry smartphone data using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0

KB23677

How to switch devices using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0

f you want to start using a new BlackBerry® device, you can use the BlackBerry® Desktop Software 6.0 to switch to the new device. Your device data and settings from your previous BlackBerry device, such as email messages, organizer data, and third-party applications that are compatible with your new device, are imported to your new device. If your email account is associated with a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server, your email settings are also imported to your new device.

KB23679

How to use mobile Internet to tether a BlackBerry smartphone to a computer using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Found the answer in the Release Notes.  Uninstalled older version of desktop software and synchronized away.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

[ Edited ]

I am having this exact same error.  I tried uninstalling version 5, and it did not solve the problem.  I then reinstalled DM 6, and still the same problem.

I am able to sync media, but not organizer data.

My Device: Pearl
My Carrier: AT&T

Ya...same boat.

I am so irritated.  The stupid desktop software said it needed to be updated and once you do it all you get is more stress and aggravation.

What moron couldn't have tested this?  There has to be 100 post on this all over the net.

I bought a blackberry to make my life easier - not a pain in the butt

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Same exact problem here. "Unknown error reported" is returned when trying to set up sync.

Is anybody at RIM listening? Smiley Mad

Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Sasktel

[ Edited ]

anyone else have the problem where they can not un-install the desktop software.  both version 5.0.1 and 6.0 wont unistall and I get the error:

ERROR 2738  could not access VBscript runtimefor custome action.

1. Click Start > Run.
  2. Type regsvr32 vbscript.dll in the prompt.
  3. If this does not work, the vbscript.dll file may not be located in the default location on the computer. Search the computer for the vbscript.dll file and move it to C:\Windows\system32.

fix's error 2738

still in the same boat with no sync

New Contributor
My Device: Z30

I have been fighting DM6 for two days now.  I have completed all 8 steps of KB13801, including clearing the registry per KB02206.  I have rebooted (enlessly), tried every USB port on my laptop, disabled anti-virus, I have administraor permissions, etc.  Not luck with sync. 

DM6 recognizes my device and I am able to complete a backup.  the media sync/transfer tools work as well.  However, the Intellisync portion dies when I attempt to configure setting - pretty much immediately. 

Last message I see is "Determining the root configuration name for main system..", then "Unknown error reported".

No technical problems removing DM6 and returning to DM5.01 - I am able to sync with DM5.01.  Just not DM6.  This defines friustrating.

Windows XP, Lotus Notes, BIS, 9650 on Verizon, cabled connection to device.