Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 8900 Curve

Re: Updated to DM 6, cannot configure sync

I never installed DM5 on my desktop. only DM6 on Windows 7 with Outlook 2010.... have tried to get it working for over a week.  have tried every approach suggested on this blog... step by step...

Not working, not help provided, no news from RIM on what they are doing about the VIDEO bug and the OUT OF MEMORY bug.... nothing else on my laptop causes memory issues.

So if you found some other miraculous way of making this work, I would be most interested!

Michele

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone NZ

Finnaly got this working after about 16hrs of testing. I had uninstalled and reinstalled, cleaned the registry several times then finally figured this out -

Steps that worked for me -

1. Uninstalled all BB desktop software.

2. Worked through the clean uninstall process http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02206

3. MOST IMPORTANT PART

Using a registry editor like Resplenance (lite works) http://www.resplendence.com/main deleted all the intellysync keys (a whole lot under HK_Class_Root) and all other Blackberry keys. You need to do search of the registry. Leave the Blackberry keys that are associated with USB drivers.

I could not delete the Intellisynce keys with the windows redgdt32 even though I logged in as Administrator. They all had some strange permisssions on them. I could not even take owenership of them. I had to use the thrid party tool.

4. Installed DM6 and vola all now working great.

RIM very much need to sort out the installation interaction with the registry, it is letting them down bigtime.

Regards to all

New Contributor
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: Cincinnati Bell

Finally, Joy!!!  After trying all KB solutions and posted suggestions, something worked.  I used ccleaner on the registry.  Then downloaded a clean copy of v. 5.0.1 from https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22&dl=...

After going through all the install screens, I could finally sync again.  Whew....

I can't seem to find the post about using ccleaner but a big thanks to whoever posted success with it.

Now, I will only download v. 6 after the next iteration has been out several months.

New Contributor

Forgot to include: when going thru the install for v. 5.0.1, I did not select Roxio & Media Manager...may or may not have had an effect.

Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8100
My Carrier: Vodafone

My laptop has recently died so I have had to rebuild it from scratch. I thought I would try DM 6.0 to see if it works but it does not, I get the same Unexpected Errors

Gonna try and see if I can find an old copy to install.

Doug

New Contributor

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

I'm having problems with DM6, but not the problems posted here.  I've done the install, uninstall, repair, and system restore but not the full clean uninstall/reinstall as I have concerns with messing around with the registry.  (I'm not the most computer savvy individual.  If anyone can screw something up, it's me.) 

When I install DM6, I can configure the sync options for all the organizer parts, I'm able to backup my BB and I can sync the media.  When I try to sync the organizer, it starts with the address book and reads the data on my BB and recognizes the differences between the BB and my Yahoo address book.  once it starts to reconcile the two, I get a message that the program has become inoperative and will now close.

When I try to repair the program I receive a message that an ".msi" file is missing and a 1706 error.

I tried uninstalling DM6 and reinstalling DM5 without success.  Short of messing with the registry I'm out of ideas.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and have a BB Bold 9700 running software version 5.0.0.602.

Anyone else have a similar problem? 

New Contributor

I just went through the clean uninstall process-twice.  First time didn't work so I did it again using the notes at the bottom to search for and delete additional RIM files in the registry and did that.  Now I'm trying to decide if I want to try to reinstall DM 5 or try DM 6 again.  I'm just hoping whichever one I try it works, but I'm not feeling optimistic. 

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just tried to reinstall DM 5 and it dIdn't work.   Now it is doing the same thing as DM6 when I tried to install it (starts syncing address book then message "Desktop Manager has stopped working and will now close") and the program shuts down.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 8900 Curve

Hi Mishka

Just join the club and look at all the solutions in the Blog called Desktop Manager version 6.0 Crashing... a little further down this one.

There is no solution other than clean uninstall of all DM6 version, making sure you also clean the registry, and then reinstalling an earlier version.

The other blog will take you through what to do.  i wish RIM provided some clean workaround an explained how to get back to an earlier version, for the many users who like you, experience these difficulties.