Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Upgrade problems w/BB Bold 9000

I'm trying to upgrade my BB Bold 9000, but my phone is waiting me to delete some personal data. How do I accomplish this task without  deleting my contact information. Please help.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Upgrade problems w/BB Bold 9000

Hi there!

Contacts are a subset of Personal Data, so there is no way to prevent the deletion during a major upgrade/update. But, before you start the update, if you use DTM to backup your BB, you can restore all of your personal data after the update:

• KB12487 How to backup data on a BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB10339 How to restore data from a backup file to a BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................