12-03-2008 01:01 AM - edited 12-03-2008 01:03 AM
make sure you have a multilanguage version of that OS. I believe AVEA the carrier in Turkey released a multi version of it. Also make sure you install Chinese pack too!
check it out
12-03-2008 02:17 AM
Unfortunately, the AVEA version of 18.104.22.168 does NOT include asian language support.
Instead, download the 22.214.171.124 (EastAsia) version, from the Singapore Telecom site:
Note - it is the SECOND option on the Blackberry 9000 page from Singapore. The first one is Multilanguage like AVEA. You need the second one (EastAsia), that looks like this:
BlackBerry Handheld Software v126.96.36.1991 (EastAsia)
Package Version: 188.8.131.521
Cheers. FYI - just installed this version -and it's working brilliantly.
12-03-2008 03:44 AM
Me too running on this new upgrade and all my problems have dissapeared for the past 10 days.I remember we could choose which language we needed somewhere during the installation and i am sure i saw Chinese somewhere.Rgds
12-03-2008 03:52 AM
I was gonna ask the same sort of question for the JP language pack. I saw the East Asian part with Japanese available in the vendor.xml before deleting, however didnt see where to grab it, so I just grabbed the generic US/UK English one.
Thanks for posting the link :->
12-04-2008 08:32 PM
My Bold is using version .168, when I tried to upgrade to version .190, it says there's no uprgade available. Same thing when I tried to upgrade to .185.
How do I upgrade to version .190?
12-04-2008 09:07 PM
chulap - I actually wrote a guide a long while back. Here is a summarized version:
1) Head to the link to version 184.108.40.206.
2) Choose Blackberry Bold 9000 Software from the drop-down menu.
3) Click "Download this software" at the bottom of the page.
4) Answer the required information, then click next to begin downloading the software.
5) Make sure you do not have Desktop Manager open, OR your blackberry plugged in, then launch the software you just downloaded. Just go through the install process, it should be pretty straight forward.
***Head to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file vendor.xml****
6) Once the software has been installed, launch Blackberry Desktop Manager and connect your Bold via USB.
7) When Desktop Manager starts, it SHOULD detect new software then ask you to upgrade. If it does - click yes, and go ahead! It will take about 30 minutes.
8) If there is NO popup asking to upgrade, just click Application Loader, and that should trigger the software upgrade.
You were probably missing the step I bolded above.
The entire thread is here if you're interested:
12-05-2008 09:03 AM
I followed exactly as your old guide which is slightly different from this one. In your old guide you said delete vendor.xml before step 5. But this one you said delete vendor.xml after step 5.
However, following this new guide, I'm still unable to upgrade to .190. My bold still shows version .168.
12-06-2008 03:30 PM