Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Priv
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Upgrade to 5.0.0.405 killed Internet Access

Interesting, I am with Bell-Aliant and there is no update, 5.0.0.344 is their lasts version.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

nfld_sapper wrote:

Interesting, I am with Bell-Aliant and there is no update, 5.0.0.344 is their lasts version.

Hello,

Each carrier is responsible for direct front line support of BB's that they sell. Consequently, they hold the authority for releasing device OS levels to their users. RIM releases various OSs to the carriers all the time...some adopt them all, others adopt only what they choose to. But it's the carriers who control the OS levels that they release and thereby support on their network.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Regular Contributor
My Device: Priv
My Carrier: Telus

Thanks sdgardne for the answer, kudos given too.

As this is my first BB I am still learning Smiley Happy 

BTW has anyone seen any screen protectors for this model of BB? I already got the "rubber condom" on it to prevent scratches to the body but would also like to protect the screen. The only screen protectors I can find are for the Bold 9000.

Thanks...

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

screen protectors, good ones, read this:

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Where_can_I_get_a_screen_protector%3F

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

ragorman wrote:

While it seems they solved that issue, what I'm more interested in is:

How the heck did you get the OTA update to work?!!!!

Tried it many many many times, and kept getting an error. finally just plugged it in and did it wired.

I think the secret is not having many apps installed.  I reduced my app list to just 4 apps and OTA upgrades seem to work fine.

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

philhorvitz wrote:

I think the secret is not having many apps installed.  I reduced my app list to just 4 apps and OTA upgrades seem to work fine.

Actually, the issue was the BIS outage at the time.

The number of apps loaded had nothing to do with it (I have over 30 installed)... it's the SPACE of App memory remaining that affects installing new apps from App World.

But again, that was not this user's issue.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code