07-19-2011 01:43 PM
I have had my blackberry pearl 9105 for around 7months now and last week I upgraded to blackberry OS 6.
However I didn't know what this update meant until it had finished and my phone restarted completely differently.
I was annoyed at the fact it was like having a new phone again and I had to get used to some of the silly new features which I have now.
However also since this update my phone has suddenly become super slow and I realized this was because when I went and checked the application memory, almost three quarters of it has been taken up by the os6 update!! I do not have very many apps but now I have had to delete nearly all of them and this still hasn't made much of a difference to the phone's performance.
Also I do not like some of the new features that have been added and in some cases it takes me a lot longer to get to things. Next time you do an update blackberry, please make it eat less of the application memory up.
07-19-2011 02:44 PM
You can downgrade the OS back to OS5 if you prefer.
1. Delete the newer OS from your PC by going to Control Panel >Add/Remove Programs. (If you never physically installed the OS to your PC, skip to step 2.)
2. Then download and install the older version of the OS. BlackBerry Operating System Downloads
3. Install the older OS to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
5. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.
PIN: C0001B7B4 Display/Scan Bar Code
PIN: C0005A9AA Display/Scan Bar Code
08-05-2011 02:03 PM
08-06-2011 12:52 PM